A Night Before Move
Get FREE QUOTES in a minute
A night before move is really a crucial moment of shifting. When you are relocating then you are supposed to make all the necessary arrangements a night before the move, hence in this sense the moment is most crucial time of the move. We are listing here the important checklist for the day before moving.
- Once you are done with packing, don’t forget to label the boxes. Proper labeling in boxes will help in loading them accurately in moving truck.
- Ask friends and neighbors for assistance in move well in advance.
- In case packers and movers are not dealing with packing task, then make sure you dismantle the furniture before their process. Doing this will accelerate the process. In case they will do all the packing, group the items separately so your movers will know how to handle them.
- Twenty four hour is the ideal time when you should disconnect your electric appliances before moving. A night before the move, make sure you complete the responsibility.
- Defrost the fridge unless you are moving short-distance with some food in it, which is not recommended.
- Keep the door of washing machine open so that it may not get attacked by mold.
- Pack an essentials box containing all the items you are going to use on the moving day and during the first few days in your new place: medicine, important prescriptions, toys, clothes, toiletries, towels, etc.
- Make the necessary arrangement for packing the bedding box.
- A night before the move you should pack a snacks bag. If you are driving the way to the new home make sure you pack refreshments for road trip in advance.
- Make sure your outdoor and garden pieces of furniture are clean and dry; otherwise they may contaminate other items inside the moving truck.
- Have cash in your hand. Make sure you have the payment of packers and movers handy. You may also require money to tip your mover.
- Check all the arrangements for pet transportation if you are carrying your delicate friend along with.
- Reserve parking space for the moving truck. Sometimes special parking permits are required, if so kindly make the necessary arrangements.
- Inform your building management about the move and check whether there are some restrictions as to the timing and elevator reservation.
- In case you are moving long distance consider booking hotel well in advance.
- If you are moving with baby, have some baby supply handy.
- This is the peak time for you to pack the valuables.
- Do not forget to leave keys behind.
- Say a final goodbye to your home as well as neighbors.
Making a move is really a challenge and it is the night before move that decides whether the move is going to be successful or not. If you have still not started it and it’s the last night of yours at the old place then the tips would certainly help you out.
Why Moving Solutions?
Transit insurance to
cover the risk
Swift, reliable &
Packers and Movers Tips and Checklist
- Tips on Moving with Kids
- Unpacking Tips
- Residential Moving Tips
- Fragile Items Packing Tips
- Choosing a Mover
- Benefits of Hiring Movers
- A Night Before Move
- Pre-packing Checklist
- Moving Day Checklist
- Pre-moving Tips
- How to Pack and Move Your Air Conditioner
- Learn How to Pack Non-Breakable Kitchen Items
- How to Pack Your Child's Toys and Books
- Packing Tips
- Plants Moving Tips
- Moving Guide
- Packing Guide for Washing Machine
- Tips to Pack and Move Big Electrical Appliances
- Office Shifting Tips
- Money Saving Moving Tips
- Moving Checklist
- How to Pack Your Armoires Safely
- Learn How to Pack Food When Moving
- Learn How to Pack Kitchen Breakable Items
- How to Pack Small Home Appliances
- How to Care for Your Plants During Relocation
- How to Pack a Big Screen TV For Moving
- How to Safely Pack and Move Your Artwork?
- How to Make Books Ship-ready?
- Learn How to Pack Lamps for Moving
- How to Pack Paintings for Moving
- Quick Clothing Packing Methods
- Learn How to Pack TV with Less Than 30” Screen
- Tips and tricks To Pack & Move Your Beds
- Tips To Pack and Ship Computers Safely
- Learn How to Pack Refrigerator for Moving
- How to Pack Sculptures for Safe Relocation?
- How to Pack Hats for Moving?
- How to Pack Stove for Moving?
- How to Pack Your CDs, DVDs and Software Discs?
- How to Safely Pack Plates, Saucer and Flat China for Moving?
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.