Packing Guide for Washing Machine
Get FREE QUOTES in a minute
Home shifting is a tedious and chaotic task as the relocator has to pack the entire household goods while shifting from one place to another. Packing the appliances is easy task when you have their original boxes and know the right packing techniques. But, do not worry if you don’t have the original box of your washing machine or are not aware of the right packing methodologies. Here is the packing guide we are sharing for you to pack your washing machine, so that you can move it safely while relocating your home.
What you’ll need:
- Carton box
- Packing sheets
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
- Padding supplies
- Adjustable spanner and wrenches
- Heavy duty packaging tape
- Zippered plastic bags
Start by finding the manual
With every home appliance you will get a user manual. This helps the owner to assemble the appliance or disassemble it when needed. And every model is different also hence, we recommend people to read the owner’s manual to check what the manufacturer has recommended to assemble and disassemble the washing machine.
As you know without the packing materials and tools, you cannot disassemble the washing machine so; gather all the necessary packing supplies.
Clean it before you start packing. You can use many techniques to clean your washing machine such as hot water and vinegar mixture would be a fantastic idea to clean it. This will help to remove the soap or detergent very well from the machine. Taken a cotton cloth or towel to clean the interior of the machine and leave it opened to dry out.
Turn off the water supply taps and pump of the machine and then, unplug it property from the power point. Now, take out all the accessories and fittings.
Now, you should carefully detach the hoses of the machine and put it directly into a sink or a bucket to drain away any leftover water. Then, remove the hoses.
Detach drain hose
Now, repeat the same process with drain hose to remove it from the machine.
Pack the machine
- Well, there are actually two types of washing machines one is front loading and another is top loading. You will have to secure the machine drum properly to prevent the machine from rotating during the transit. Before putting the machine into the box, prepare the box properly by providing enough padding for the machine. Use furniture blanket, or other padding supplies. If not then, just follow the owner’s or user manual instructions as per the top-loading or front-loading washing machines.
- If you have top-loading washing machine then, make sure the lids shut properly and if not then, use packing tapes to tape the lids to shut it properly. If the lids are removable then, detach it and use bubble wrap to pack the lid safely and then, place it on the top of the washing machine in the moving box.
- If you have front-loading machine then, close the door properly and can also use tape to secure the door. Use heavy duty packaging tapes to secure the lid and electrical cords of the washing machine properly.
- Use bubble wraps and packing sheets to wrap your washing machine before packing it in the moving box. Instead of this you can also use furniture blankets to wrap it around the washing machine. Secure the blankets or bubble wraps with an adequate amount of packing tapes and check once again if the machine is covered properly.
- You are almost done now, you just have to put the machine into the moving box and secure it with packing tapes. Ask your friends or someone’s help to get the machine into the box. Your machine is ready to move.
Why Moving Solutions?
Transit insurance to
cover the risk
Swift, reliable &
Packers and Movers Tips and Checklist
- Tips on Moving with Kids
- Unpacking Tips
- Residential Moving Tips
- Fragile Items Packing Tips
- Choosing a Mover
- Benefits of Hiring Movers
- A Night Before Move
- Pre-packing Checklist
- Moving Day Checklist
- Pre-moving Tips
- How to Pack and Move Your Air Conditioner
- Learn How to Pack Non-Breakable Kitchen Items
- How to Pack Your Child's Toys and Books
- Packing Tips
- Plants Moving Tips
- Moving Guide
- Packing Guide for Washing Machine
- Tips to Pack and Move Big Electrical Appliances
- Office Shifting Tips
- Money Saving Moving Tips
- Moving Checklist
- How to Pack Your Armoires Safely
- Learn How to Pack Food When Moving
- Learn How to Pack Kitchen Breakable Items
- How to Pack Small Home Appliances
- How to Care for Your Plants During Relocation
- How to Pack a Big Screen TV For Moving
- How to Safely Pack and Move Your Artwork?
- How to Make Books Ship-ready?
- Learn How to Pack Lamps for Moving
- How to Pack Paintings for Moving
- Quick Clothing Packing Methods
- Learn How to Pack TV with Less Than 30” Screen
- Tips and tricks To Pack & Move Your Beds
- Tips To Pack and Ship Computers Safely
- Learn How to Pack Refrigerator for Moving
- How to Pack Sculptures for Safe Relocation?
- How to Pack Hats for Moving?
- How to Pack Stove for Moving?
- How to Pack Your CDs, DVDs and Software Discs?
- How to Safely Pack Plates, Saucer and Flat China for Moving?
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.
Get FREE QUOTES in a minute
Packers and Movers Serviceable Locations
- Packers and Movers Delhi
- Packers and Movers Mumbai
- Packers and Movers Chennai
- Packers and Movers Kolkata
- Packers and Movers Bangalore
- Packers and Movers Pune
- Packers and Movers Gurgaon
- Packers and Movers Noida
- Packers and Movers Faridabad
- Packers and Movers Ghaziabad
- Packers and Movers Chandigarh
- Packers and Movers Hyderabad
- Packers and Movers Surat
- Packers and Movers Ahmedabad
- Packers and Movers Nagpur
- Packers and Movers Lucknow