How to Care for Your Plants During Relocation?
Get FREE QUOTES in a minute
Planning to move? Don’t want to leave your lovely plants behind? Here is the solution for you. You can pack your plants and flowers without much hassles. Plants not only beautify your garden or balcony but fill positivity to the entire environment. There are all the reasons for you to carry these soulful plants along with you to your new apartment.
Since plants are highly fragile especially if they are flower bearing plants, they are to be moved with utmost care and safety. This blog discusses the appropriate way in which the plants must be packed and transported onto the truck. However, experts suggest that you should also calculate the value of the plants and analyze whether it will be worth it to take them along or not. If you are moving abroad then moving with plants does not seem to be a feasible option, as the plants will lose their health in that long journey. On the other hand, carrying them in the shorter moves still make sense. Thus, be wise and take your decision smartly.
Tips to pack plants for moving
- While talking about the clay pots, you need to wrap them in a damp newspaper first and then cover them up with a dry paper. You will have to secure these layers of sheets with a tape, so that the sheets do not come out during transit. These wrapped up plants should be kept in the cardboard boxes and a hole should be made outside the box, to let the fresh air go inside. Yes, plants do asphyxiate. Thus, it is important to let them breathe while they are kept inside the box.
- If you have plants with large flowers then extra care is to be taken while preparing them for moving. You should use a wooden piece to tie the tall foliage of the plant, so that it does not fall off. If you do not have wooden pieces at home, you can make use of hard paper to cover the large flowers.
- When it comes to transporting the leafy plants then you are advised to use blankets to cover them up. After you have loaded these plants onto the truck, it is better to provide them a layer of extra insulation with a few thin blankets over them.
- It is very important to provide good padding to the cardboard boxes and keep gaps between the plants. The padding should be such that no two plants collide with each other, as it can damage them absolutely.
After you have reached the destination, you should unload the weak plants first and place them in your new home. However, you should not take out the other healthy plants right after the moment of reaching, instead you should open the lids of those boxes and keep them there as it is. You should give plants time to adjust in the new climate. Also, you should realize the responsibility of looking after the plants after you have moved. Like, for the next few weeks after moving, you should monitor all your plants.
While choosing the best professional Packers and Movers Company, you should consider their experience in plant moving. A reputed moving company will move your plants safely, as they have right kind of packing material and right size of containers to pack and transport the plants respectively. To get on with such professional packers and movers, you can go through the internet and do your own research. The companies having years of experience and with positive customer testimonials should be chosen with no second thoughts in mind. All the best!
Why Moving Solutions?
Transit insurance to
cover the risk
Swift, reliable &
Packers and Movers Tips and Checklist
- Tips on Moving with Kids
- Unpacking Tips
- Residential Moving Tips
- Fragile Items Packing Tips
- Choosing a Mover
- Benefits of Hiring Movers
- A Night Before Move
- Pre-packing Checklist
- Moving Day Checklist
- Pre-moving Tips
- How to Pack and Move Your Air Conditioner
- Learn How to Pack Non-Breakable Kitchen Items
- How to Pack Your Child's Toys and Books
- Packing Tips
- Plants Moving Tips
- Moving Guide
- Packing Guide for Washing Machine
- Tips to Pack and Move Big Electrical Appliances
- Office Shifting Tips
- Money Saving Moving Tips
- Moving Checklist
- How to Pack Your Armoires Safely
- Learn How to Pack Food When Moving
- Learn How to Pack Kitchen Breakable Items
- How to Pack Small Home Appliances
- How to Care for Your Plants During Relocation
- How to Pack a Big Screen TV For Moving
- How to Safely Pack and Move Your Artwork?
- How to Make Books Ship-ready?
- Learn How to Pack Lamps for Moving
- How to Pack Paintings for Moving
- Quick Clothing Packing Methods
- Learn How to Pack TV with Less Than 30” Screen
- Tips and tricks To Pack & Move Your Beds
- Tips To Pack and Ship Computers Safely
- Learn How to Pack Refrigerator for Moving
- How to Pack Sculptures for Safe Relocation?
- How to Pack Hats for Moving?
- How to Pack Stove for Moving?
- How to Pack Your CDs, DVDs and Software Discs?
- How to Safely Pack Plates, Saucer and Flat China for Moving?
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.
Get FREE QUOTES in a minute
Packers and Movers Serviceable Locations
- Packers and Movers Delhi
- Packers and Movers Mumbai
- Packers and Movers Chennai
- Packers and Movers Kolkata
- Packers and Movers Bangalore
- Packers and Movers Pune
- Packers and Movers Gurgaon
- Packers and Movers Noida
- Packers and Movers Faridabad
- Packers and Movers Ghaziabad
- Packers and Movers Chandigarh
- Packers and Movers Hyderabad
- Packers and Movers Surat
- Packers and Movers Ahmedabad
- Packers and Movers Nagpur
- Packers and Movers Lucknow