Planning a shift is always a both challenging and tedious task. Many homeowners are actually scared of packing their huge electrical home appliances and remain worried of their safety. However, if you know the right tricks and ways to pack these appliances then packing will not remain a problem anymore. In fact, you can think of hiring a professional packing and moving company that has decades of experience in the respective industry. The experts of these best moving companies will reach you with the appropriate tools and packing materials to pack all your personal belongings with absolute safety. You must hire only the moving company that is reputed and holds a clear past records of serving the customers.
How to pack and move big electrical home appliances?
- Stove- Before you go on packing the stove, do clean it. The greasy substance on the stove is likely to make anything that touches it dirty. It will leave the grease spots on the goods that will come into its contact, hence clean it thoroughly. To start with, you will first have to detach all the parts that can be detached but it is only by the technician that you should get the gas range disconnected. Make sure that the gas line is secured but if you have an electric range of gas then you might not require a professional service. However, it will be essential for you to call the qualified gas installer to get the gas installed at your new residence.
- Fridge- Like other appliances, you will have to dry out the fridge before packing and moving it. You should leave behind all the perishable items. After you have unplugged the main chords, you will have to wash all the removable parts, remove the dirt and grease and then dry them all. Give time for drying to every part including the condenser and the water reservoir. Here, the trick is to stuff the fridge with stuff toys or cushions, in order to utilize the space. You can then bubble-wrap it first and then use sturdy packing sheets over it. If you still have that fridge box then it’s going to do wonders.
- Dishwasher- To pack the dishwasher, you need to first empty the utensil rack because it is required to be pack separately. It is better to clean the unit before you tape & close the door of the dishwasher. Here again, you can first use the bubble wrap and then the cardboard box. Make sure that you seal the box with tapes in order to not let it sway during transit.
- Washing machine- To start packing the washing machine, you will first have to drain and dry it completely, with no water drop left. Disconnect the machine and place the metal connector ends in a cloth or a thick towel. You can keep the wrapped hoses in the machine itself and then use the manufacturer’s guidelines to pack the tub. You will have to secure the tub in a way that it does not move during transit. If you do not have the machine’s manual then you can buy a one (it’s not expensive) and then do accordingly. Rest, if you are unable to do it on your own then you can always reach professional packers and movers in your city.
- Microwave- To pack a microwave is not a tough job. All you have to do is to clean the appliance from inside out to remove its dirt and grease and then put it in a well-padded cardboard box. Also, you will have to take care of the vent while installing it at your new home. It should not be blocked.
All the above-discussed electrical appliances are to be packed with extreme care. If you cannot pack it all by yourself then you must call a professional packers and movers. You can contact the nearest moving experts to know about the packing charges and rates. It is important to enquire about everything including the packing, loading, transportation, unloading and unpacking beforehand only, in order to avoid any hassles later. Thus, get your big appliances packed safely and move to your new home. Good luck!
Get Free Estimates! >>