Are you looking for an auspicious day for shifting into your new home – Griha Pravesh aka Graha Pravesh? Congratulations on your new home. May your new home be filled with love and good health! It’s just a house without you. It will be a beautiful home when you will be entering in it. It will be a new beginning of your life and the foundation of many memories. Everyone wants to shift into a new home on an auspicious day so that no issues can be found later.
A home is a place where every person enjoys comforts and happiest moments of own life. A home is not only a structure built with bricks, cement and stones but also a palace of a persons’ dreams and memories. Every person in this world wishes to have a good home where they can spend a good time with his family members, relatives and friends. We always try to live in a home where happiness can thrive and the home is not influenced by an evil eye (buri nazar).
What are Griha Pravesh and Griha Pravesh Muhurat?
Many fortunate, auspicious and lucky occasions come in our lives. Griha Pravesh is one of them. Also known as a housewarming event, it is an occasion when a person shifts into a new home for the first time. It is an auspicious occasion. And hence, people often shift into a new home on an auspicious day. Whether it is a newly constructed house or an old purchased house, people organize a program of Griha Pravesh. In the program of housewarming (Griha Pravesh), Hindus often offer Hawan Shanti and Vastu Pooja so that prosperity and peace continue to thrive.
Griha Pravesh Muhurat is a term given to an auspicious day and time for moving into a new home. We always try our Griha Pravesh should be completed at the right time and on the right day. Since it is also an auspicious occasion, it should be completed with rituals without any troubles and obstacles.
Why is Griha Pravesh Muhurat So Important?
In the Hindu religion, every Shubh Karya (auspicious work) is completed on a special muhurat (auspicious beginning). People often contact astrologers to know the right timing and right day for moving into a new home. It is important because no person wants to take any risk of future obstacles and issues caused by the bad effects of grah and nakshatra. Griha Pravesh in the right muhurta is also important with the aim to eliminate any Vastu Dosha (Vastu Defects) in the home.
There are Three Types of Griha Pravesh
According to Vastu Shastra, there are three types of Griha Pravesh that include entering into a newly constructed home, entering into an old home that you have purchased, and reentering into own abandoned home.
Apurva Griha Pravesh
When a person enters into a new home that he/she has purchased, no matter, home is newly constructed or old home, then it is called Apurva Griha Pravesh.
Sapurva Griha Pravesh
Some people have to move to a new city for several years for their personal reasons. If people have left his/her home vacant for a prolonged period and want to reenter in their home they need to perform Griha Pravesh ritual – that is called Sapurva Griha Pravesh. Griha Pravesh ceremony organized for any home where residents had lived earlier comes under this category.
Dwandwa Griha Pravesh
When people enter the house after reconstruction or renovation and organize housewarming event then it is called Dwandwa Griha Pravesh. Any renovation work done due to natural calamities like floods, fire, earthquakes
also comes under the Dwandwa Griha Pravesh category.
When You Should Make Griha Pravesh?
It is better to consult a knowledgeable astrologer or pandit to know the right timing and auspicious time for entering into a new home. Here I am going to give some key insights on when you should enter into your new home.
Auspicious Months for Griha Pravesh
The Hindi months of Magha, Phalguna, Vaisakha and Jyeshtha are considered as the auspicious and best time for shifting into a new home.
Auspicious beginnings (Shubh Karyas) including Griha Pravesh are prohibited in the months of Ashadha, Shravana, Bhadra and Ashvin. Pausha month is also not considered auspicious and good for Griha Pravesh.
Auspicious Days for Griha Pravesh
Tuesday is not an auspicious day for housewarming or entering into a new home. In some special cases, Saturday and Sunday are also prohibited for Griha Pravesh.
Apart from these prohibited days, rest days of the week are good for housewarming ceremony. Thursday is considered as a very auspicious day for shifting into a new home.
Except for Amavasya and Purnima, dates of Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, and Troydashi are considered as auspicious days for Griha Pravesh (housewarming event).
What are Auspicious Griha Pravesh Dates in 2020?
Auspicious Griha Pravesh dates are calculated after doing Panchang Shuddhi. Panchang Shuddhi gives not only Shubh Griha Pravesh dates but also Shubh time to perform housewarming ceremony consisting of Puja, Hawan and Vastu Shanti Puja.
Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2020
|Dates & Days||Timing||Star & Nakshatra||Tithi & Maah
|29 January (Wednesday)||12:13 to 31: 14+||Uttara Bhadrapada||Panchami (Magha)|
|30 January (Thursday)||07:14 to 13:18||Uttara Bhadrapada||Panchami (Magha)|
|03 February (Monday)||24: 52+ to 31: 12+||Rohini||Dashami (Magha)|
|05 February (Wednesday)||07:11 to 21:30||Mrighshira||Ekadashi (Magha)|
|13 February (Thursday)||09:25 to 20:45||Chitra||Panchami (Magha)|
|26 February (Wednesday)||06:53 to 28: 11+||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revathi||Tritiya (Phalguna)|
|09 March (Monday)||25: 08+ to 30: 39+||Uttara Phalguni||Pratipada (Phalguna)|
|11 March (Wednesday)||18:59 to 30: 37+||Chitra||Tritiya (Phalguna)|
|March 12 (Thursday)||06:37 to 11:58||Chitra||Tritiya (Phalguna)|
|March 18 (Wednesday)||13:01 to 30: 29+||Uttarshada||Dashami, Ekadashi (Phalguna)|
|March 19 (Thursday)||06:29 to 14:49||Uttarshada||Ekadashi (Phalguna)|
|25 April (Saturday)||20:57 to 29: 48+||Rohini||Tritiya (Vaisakha)|
|27 April (Monday)||14:29 to 24: 29+||Mrighshira||Panchami (Vaisakha)|
|08 May (Friday)||08:38 to 29: 38+||Anuradha||Pratipada, Dwitiya (Vaisakha)|
|18 May (Monday)||05:32 to 15:07||Uttara Bhadrapada||Ekadashi (Vaisakha)|
|23 May (Saturday)||24: 16+ to 29: 29+||Rohini||Dwitiya (Jyaistha)|
|15 June (Monday)||05:27 to 27: 17+||Revathi||Dashami (Jyaistha)|
|16 November (Monday)||07:05 to 14:36||Anuradha||Dwitiya (Kartika)|
|19 November (Thursday)||09:38 to 21:58||Uttarshada||Panchami (Kartika)|
|25 November (Wednesday)||06:56 to 29: 09+||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revathi||Ekadashi (Agahana)|
|30 November (Monday)||14:58 to 31: 00+||Rohini||Pratipada (Agahana)|
|10 December (Thursday)||10:51 to 31: 08+||Chitra||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|16 December (Wednesday)||20:04 to 31: 11+||Uttarshada||Tritiya (Agahana)|
|17 December (Thursday)||07:11 to 15:17||Uttarshada||Tritiya (Agahana)|
|23 December (Wednesday)||20:38 to 28: 33+||Revathi||Dashami (Pausa)|
What to Do and What Not to Do on Griha Pravesh?
To Do on Griha Pravesh Puja
- Consult a knowledgeable pandit to perform Puja Ceremony on Griha Pravesh.
- Decorate the entrance of your home with fresh flowers and flower bandanwar.
- Make colorful rangoli on the floor.
- Conduct a Vastu Puja before Griha Pravesh
- Fill “Kalash” with Ganga Jal, and place coconut among the mango or Ashoka leaves in it.
- Make a Swastika symbol with Kumkum on urn and coconut.
- After the puja, enter the new home in the light of the sun by taking the auspicious Kalash.
- Men should enter the new house by stepping the right leg first.
- Women should enter the new house by stepping the left leg first.
- Before you enter the house, break a coconut (Nariyal), which signifies the elimination of the obstacles.
- Place the idol of Lord Ganesha facing the east direction on puja.
- Offer a prayer to Lord Ganesha and then establish the holy Kalash in the northeast of the house or puja Ghar.
- Perform Puja in the kitchen and make the auspicious sign of Swastika on the entrance.
- Sprinkle the holy water with mango leaf after performing the ceremony.
- Finally, give food Dakshina (some money) to a Brahmin or a poor person.
Not to Do on Griha Pravesh Puja
- Don’t allow a pregnant lady to perform Griha Pravesh Puja.
- Don’t shift the furniture except for gas cylinder or stove unless the Vastu Puja is executed.
- Don’t leave the house vacant for at least three days after the ceremony.
- Do not forget to offer the priest Dakshina (some money or gifts).
- Don’t perform Griha Pravesh Puja or Vastu Puja if a death has taken place recently in the family.
If you follow these rituals on Griha Pravesh then it will bring prosperity, happiness in the family and your home. It will also destroy all evil eyes looking at your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are auspicious dates in January 2020 for entering into a new home?
Moving into a new home on Basant Panchami is considered as very auspicious. This year Basant Panchami falls on 2 days - 29 January and 30 January. So, auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in January 2020 will be:
- 29 January, Wednesday - Panchami
- 30 January, Thursday - Panchami
Q. What are auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in February 2020?
There are 4 auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh (shifting into a new home) in February 2020. They are the following.
- 3 February, Monday – Dashami
- 5 February, Wednesday – Ekadashi
- 13 February, Thursday – Panchami
- 26 February, Wednesday – Tritiya
Q. What are auspicious Griha Pravesh dates in March 2020?
There are 5 auspicious dates available for Griha Pravesh in March 2020. There are the following.
- 9 March, Monday – Pratipada / Ekkam
- 11 March, Wednesday – Tritiya
- 12 March, Thursday – Tritiya
- 18 March, Wednesday – Dashami / Ekadashi
- 19 March, Thursday – Ekadashi
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for moving into a new home in April 2020?
The most auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in April 2020 are the following.
- 25 April, Saturday – Tritiya
- 27 April, Monday – Panchami
Q. What are auspicious days for entering into a new house in May 2020?
3 dates are available in May 2020 for organizing Griha Pravesh and Vastu Puja. 3 auspicious Griha Pravesh dates in May are the following.
- 8 May, Friday – Dwitiya
- 18 May, Monday – Ekadashi
- 23 May, Saturday – Dwitiya
Q. What are auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in June 2020?
15 June, Monday (Dashami) is the only date for Griha Pravesh in this month.
Q. What are best dates for shifting into a new home in July 2020?
There are no auspicious dates available in July month of 2020. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. When is Shubh Din for moving into a new home in August 2020?
August 2020 does not have auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the best dates for entering into a new house in September 2020?
There are also no auspicious dates available in the month of September 2020. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the best days for Griha Pravesh in October 2020?
Some sources say that there are auspicious dates available in October 2020. But some sources also say that there are no auspicious dates available in October 2020. So, if you are planning to shift into a new home in October 2020 then you must confirm it with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for entering into a new house in November 2020?
There are 4 most auspicious dates available for Griha Pravesh in November 2020. They are the following.
- 16 November, Monday – Dwitiya
- 19 November, Thursday – Panchami
- 25 November, Wednesday – Ekadashi
- 30 November, Monday – Pratipada
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in December 2020?
4 auspicious dates are available in December 2020 for Griha Praavesh. You can plan your Grih Pravesh on the following dates of December 2020.
- 10 December, Thursday – Dashami / Ekadashi
- 16 December, Wednesday – Tritiya
- 17 December, Thursday – Tritiya
- 23 December, Wednesday – Dashami
Disclaimer: Moving Solutions does not confirms the accuracy of Griha Pravesh auspicious dates and days provided in this article. It is strictly recommended that you should check/validate the dates with your astrologer or pandit.
- Home Vastu Shastra Tips to Bring Positive Energy, Prosperity and Better Life
- Feng Shui Tips for Moving into New House in the New Year 2020
- 15 Ways to Throw a Memorable Housewarming Party on a Budget
- Best Housewarming Wishes Messages, Quotes and Greetings
- Housewarming Gifts Ideas – 12 Practical & Thoughtful Griha Pravesh Gifts
- घर शिफ्ट करते समय सही पैकर्स एंड मूवर्स कंपनी कैसे चुनें?
Latest posts by Rabish Kumar (see all)
- Top 20 Best Residential Areas in Hyderabad for Families and IT Professionals - February 15, 2020
- 7 Most Popular and Best Residential Areas in Ghaziabad - February 14, 2020
- 10 Best Areas and Sectors to Live in Noida for Bachelors and Family - February 14, 2020