Home deep cleaning before move in is imperative. If you are looking for tips and ideas for home deep cleaning then continue reading this article.
Moving into a new house can be a really daunting and chaotic event for you. You are already going through so much, parting from your old house where you have created so many good memories. But at the same time relocation can be a fun chore if you have hired reliable and experienced packers and movers.
The professional movers and packers can help you to relocate your home with no hassles. But, before moving into the new house, there are few important things you don’t want to forget to do like giving your house a deep clean before moving in.
Whether you are renting an apartment or buying your own house, it is important to deep clean before you move in. Maybe the house you are seeing is not as blank as it looks unless you have moved into a brand new construction.
There are chances the people who lived before you, not intentionally but left behind dirt, grime, and dust. So, you will have to deep clean your house before you actually settle in.
Before you unload the moving truck and start arranging the furniture at your home or just pile up the moving boxes then you may face a lot of problems cleaning the place. That’s why it is recommended to clean the house before moving in.
Home Deep Cleaning is Recommended (Before Your Enter into new Home)
You can hire professional cleaners to deep clean a new house so that on a moving day you can start rearranging your stuff in the new house. Because cleaning an empty house is much easier, because then you don’t have to work with a bunch of furniture and boxes.
You can hire a professional home deep cleaning service provider, who can clean, sanitize, and disinfect your new house as per your requirement.
This is the best and easiest way to get your new house cleaned and sanitized. But, if you think this can cost you a lot or will burn a hole in your pocket then you can do it yourself.
A DIY house cleaning process can also be a fun chore if you know the right way to deep clean a house.
Here’s a cleaning checklist guide for you to deep clean your new house before moving and also the other important things that you should not forget to do while moving into a new house.
But, before you start cleaning the new house, you will certainly need some cleaning tools and equipment.
Let’s know what tools and cleaning products you will be required to deep clean your house.
Things you will need for home deep cleaning
- Disposable or rubber gloves
- Soft and hard bristle brushes
- Paper towels
- Microfiber cloths
- Cleaning products
- Step ladder
Where do I start cleaning my new house?
Whether it should be the bathroom, living room, kitchen, or my bedroom, people often get confused when it comes to deciding where to start cleaning.
Since you are moving into a new house, you should start by cleaning the room that needs to be settled immediately like your bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. But, that also depends on the type of your house as furnished or unfurnished.
If you are moving into a furnished house then there are many things you will have to check like lights and fixtures, etc. So, before you start cleaning the house, check the fans, lights, and fixtures to know they are working. Basically, you have to get prepared for cleaning your house and also have a plan to clean the house. Let’s know the right way to clean your house.
Tips for Home Deep Cleaning
You can start cleaning with dusting each room to get rid of dirt and dust and focus on the corners, windows, and doors. But, before you start cleaning the floors you should look for the things that are on the top or close to the ceiling.
1. Clean fans and lighting fixtures
Ceiling fans, overhead lighting fixtures, and shelving near the ceiling are prone to get grimy since they don’t get cleaned often. And this is the reason why it sprinkles dust and dirt on the place just below them.
So, you should start from the top of each room and then work your way down. To clean the dust and dirt on the fan blade you can use an old pillowcase.
This way you can easily collect the dust into the pillowcase. Then using a cleaner wipe down the remaining dust on the fan.
When you are done with the top you can move on to other places in the house to clean and make it ready to settle.
2. Clean Your Bathroom
Starting the cleaning process with your bathroom is a great way to start to clean your house because you are likely to use it during the cleaning process.
Also, this is quite easy to sanitize and disinfect your bathroom. You can start cleaning the surface with soapy water and a sponge.
Normally rub the floor with a sponge, but later use an antibacterial spray to kill the germs and bacteria presented on the surface. But, before this, you should start cleaning the top such as the ceiling, lights, and fixtures.
- Wash the inside and outside the cabinets and drawers.
- Clean the window sills and window coverings using a damp cloth.
- Use a glass cleaner to wipe down the glasses and mirror in the bathroom.
- Wash down the sink properly.
- Disinfect the bathtub.
- Change the toilet seat. It is quite inexpensive and an efficient way to be sure the toilet is really clean.
- Use white vinegar or lemon juice to scrub the shower.
While cleaning the bathroom, make sure not to forget the places which we usually forget on a normal bathroom cleaning day. Consider cleaning and sanitizing the toilet paper holder, lights and fixtures, door handles, etc.
If you want to get rid of the stubborn water stains on the showerhead and taps, you can rub them down with juice from a lemon. The acid will help in removing the stains and will make the surface of the metals in your washroom shine like new.
3. Clean Your Kitchen
Once you are done with the bathroom, move on to the kitchen to deep clean it. The kitchen needs to be well-cleaned and sanitized before you start cooking food or if you want to get rid of the former renters’ cooking smell.
- Clean the top: Start from dust the top like ceiling, exhaust fans, vents, lights, and fixtures.
- Walls: The walls of the kitchen are usually greasy. Wipe down the walls using a good cleanser that will remove the dirt and grease from the walls.
- Cooktop: The easy way to clean your stovetop or cooktop is to sprinkle baking soda, vinegar, or spray cleanser on the top. Dip a clean towel in hot water and place it over the sprinkled baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes. Remove the towel and wipe away the baking soda or vinegar.
- Kitchen cabinets: Make sure to clean the kitchen cabinets and drawers both inside and outside before keeping your dishes inside. Also, clean the cabinet top and the doors including door handle. For a greasy stain, use baking soda and water solution.
- Kitchen counter: To clean the counter is not that much tough or requires effort. You can simply use a damp cloth and a good cleaner to clean it. Look for any gaps and cracks and use a knife to clean out any debris. If the counter has greasy stains then you can use the same baking soda and water solution to clean the counter as well.
- Appliances: The major appliances that you use immediately should be cleaned properly. But, make sure to follow the right procedure of cleaning appliances and consider important things while cleaning them.
- Scrub the sink: Make a solution of water and chlorine-free bleach and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture in your sink and let it sit for a minute. Rub it with a sponge or brush and then rinse with water.
4. Sanitize your refrigerator
It is important to clean and sanitize your refrigerator. Just unplug the fridge and let it warm, this will make the cleaning process easier for you.
Use a clean and soft cloth to clean the fridge, because anything harsher can scratch the surface. Because there is no food, cleaning your refrigerator shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes.
If you can remove the shelves and drawers then clean them individually using soap and warm water. This will clean the germs and bacteria. For the inside of the fridge, take a damp cloth to clean the surface.
You can also use a non-toxic cleaner or sanitizer to sanitize your new fridge. Clean it with a clean and dry cloth and then fix the shelves.
If there is any stuck-on-gunk to remove then you can use white vinegar and water solution to clean the refrigerator. Pour the solution and let it sit for a few minutes then scrub down with a clean rag. Repeat the same process with the freezer.
5. Tackle the rest of the space
To tackle the rest of the cleaning process you should go item by item instead of going room by room. And while cleaning the rooms do not forget the process of cleaning from top to down.
So start with the cleaning. There are many surfaces that we overlooked while cleaning. Make sure to not overlook such things like the top of the doors, window, doorknobs, lights switches, closet interiors, etc.
Clean and sanitized each of the things if you want to keep your house free from germs, bacteria, and viruses.
The best way to clean the rest of the areas is to vacuum it which will suck up the dirt and dust. Then follow up the cleaning process using a clean damp rag.
6. Finish with the floor
You have started with the top, so now end at the bottom. The right way to deep clean your house starts from the top and ends at the bottom.
So, finish the cleaning process by cleaning your floor. Not every home has the same type of floor, so you will have to use the right way to sweep or mop your floor according to its type.
Let’s see how you can clean different types of the floor like wooden, tile, stone, and linoleum floor and how to clean if you are moving into a house that has carpet.
- Clean the carpet: To clean the carpet you will have to hire professional cleaners who can steam clean the carpet before you move in. Your carpet needs to be thoroughly vacuumed, especially if the previous owner had pets.
- Clean the wood floors: Start with vacuuming the floors and clear out all the debris. Do not try to vacuum the entire space until your vacuum is specifically designed for. Use a mild soap to clean the surface that works well in removing the dirt and give a shiny floor.
- Other types of floor: For any other types of floor like tile, stones, and linoleum sweep and mop the floor using a good cleanser.
That’s it you’re done! Cleaning your entire house is not so hard if you know how to do it yourself. But, experts recommend hiring professional cleaners or home sanitizing service providers when it comes to home deep clean or home sanitizing.
Because they are professionals, who have the right tools and equipment to clean, sanitize, and disinfect the house. So, just like you had hired packers and movers to relocate your home with no hassles, hire a professional home deep cleaning service provider to clean your new house to make it ready to settle in.
- Home Deep Cleaning Tips: How to Clean a New Home Before Moving in - May 27, 2020
- How to Start Your Own Packers and Movers Business in India? - April 11, 2020
- Top 10 Night Clubs that Define Nightlife in Mumbai, City That Never Sleeps - February 7, 2020