Bengaluru (Bangalore) City Information - An Insight into the IT Hub of India
Bangalore, situated in the South of India is the capital city of the Indian State, Karnataka. People call it ‘Namma Bengaluru” which means ‘Our Bangalore’ to show affection to their city. Also, this name makes them feel that they are an important part of the city and that it is theirs.
It is also called Bengaluru and is nicknamed as The Garden City of the country. The city today is considered one of the largest and fastest growing metropolis that has outgrown other cities in the recent past. The city houses a number of software companies, heavy industries, telecommunications, defence organizations and other aerospace organizations.
Climate of Bangalore
Bengaluru is situated at a height of around 950 meters above the sea level and thus, has a highly pleasing weather all around the year. In the early 90s, the weather in this city used to be such salubrious that people did not need fans. It has savannah type of climate with frequent rains warm summers. However, the summers are not scorching like the other hot parts of the country as the maximum temperature in summers here is only 36 degrees while the minimum in winters is 17 degrees. The months of July, August and September are the most pleasant as they remain green and cool due to monsoon.
Culture and food of Bangalore
Bangalore has a unique culture and has a blend of different cultures of India. It is the city that is visited by the people all across the globe for it has various international industries, companies, brands and other institutions. In addition to this, the city has a number of popular schools, colleges and other educational academies, which means that it has a better educational opportunities for one and all. It does celebrate various forms of arts such as dance, music, art, drama etc. Featuring both the traditional and urban kind of lifestyle, it has Kannadigas that follow the traditional life and have firm religious views. On the other hand, the urbanized style of living includes people who love nightlife and spend time in night clubs and other entertainment activities.
When it comes to the cuisines of this region, the variety is endless. To start with binging, you can try Benne Masala Dosa at CTR, which is very fluffy from inside and has butter (benne) all over it. The dosa has a golden crunchy layer that feels awesome to munch and the dish is served best with coconut chutney and hot sambhar. With this, you can also try apple pie of The Only Place, which is situated near the Brigade Road. It is also famous for offering burgers and pepper steaks. However, if you love a little liquor with your favorite nachos then visiting Windmills Craftswork is the right place to go. It is a jazz theater kind of a brewery where beer is the star. Nachos here are baked in-house only and served with their delectable beer. For the pasta lovers, the city has Toscano, which is a must go place to try out a several of dishes. The non-vegetarian lovers can check out the seafood menu at Karavalli. Which is famous for preparing the fresh fish, crab and prawns while the ones with a sweet-tooth should taste Mysore Pak, which is the highly popular sweet dish of the South.
List of educational institutions
Bangalore houses some of the well-known educational institutions such as Vidya Samskruthi Institute of Technology, Ravi Education Society, Bangalore Management Academy, Presidency College Of Hotel Management, Deva Matha Educational Society, IIFCA Institute Of Finance And Computer Accountancy, Baldwin Polytechnic Institute, Admarmutt Education Foundation and various others. All are known for its best professors and high quality of education. Many of these institutes have placement facility, which means that the students of these institutions have a security of career. No doubt, the city has excellent opportunities for those who visit it.
Major attractions of Bangalore
- Bangalore Palace- The palace was built by Chamaraja Wodeyar in the year 1887. The architecture of this palace has been designed in the Tudor-style with beautiful wood cravings, lush gardens, arches and towers. The palace has a display of royal family photos, memorabilia, portraits and other memories of the kings. The palace is still housed by the royal family. It is open for public from 10 in the morning to 5 in the evening.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden- The garden is designed in the Mughal style and covers almost around 240 acres. Hyder Ali established this garden in the year 1760 and blossoms all year long. The garden is known to have exotic species of plants and features a majestic glasshouse. You can visit this garden from 6 in the morning to 7 in the evening, throughout the year.
- Vidana Souda- This place is situated next to Cubbon Park and is built on the neo-Dravidian architecture. The four domes on the corners and the entire property is not open to the general public.
- Ulsoor lake- The Lake is spread over an area of 215 acres and open to public on all days except on Wednesday. People enjoy doing boating here while the walking track near this lake is kept clean. The entire environment is rejuvenating and calming.
- Krishna Rajendra Market- If you love doing photography then no place can be better than this. This is Bangalore’s busiest and traditional market, which remains vibrant and colorful especially in the morning with the fresh flowers around. Also, you can get a variety of fresh spices and copper.
Fairs and festivals of Bengaluru
Bengaluru is known to have a cosmopolitan culture. Like any other state, this city celebrates all the major festivals including Diwali, Eid, Christmas, Diwali, Dusshera, Varmalakshmi Puja, Ganesh Chaturthi and various others. While talking about the fairs, Bangalore conducts a number of fairs such as book fair, food fest, music fests and others. Yes, the Carnatic music is popular worldwide for its richness of being the temple music. The city gives an opportunity to the talent from all the areas to showcase their skills.
Other facts of the city
- Bangalore was the first city to be electrified in the year 1906. The hydroelectric station situated in Shivanasamudra, situated around 125 kilometers away from the main city, powered the city.
- If you never knew, Bangalore is known to be the highest hill station and the much preferred spot for both the nature and photography lovers. This place lies amidst the beautiful valleys and hills, and is at a height of around 3000 feet.
- When talking about the software companies, Bengaluru is known as the IT hub. It is known as the silicon valley of India, as it has more than 200 software companies. Yes, the number is the highest in the entire nation. Software engineers and all the others looking for a job or business in the IT world visits this place only to make a career.
- Malgudi Days, the popular serial of 1990s was based in Bangalore only. The word ‘Malgudi’ itself is taken from two different localities of the city including Malleshwaram and Basavanagudi. Since R.K. was highly pleased to witness the beauty of this city, he named his novel on it.
- Not to forget, the very popular and delicious Rava Idli has its origin in Bangalore only. The type of idli was introduced by Mavalli Tiffin Rooms, which is today famous as MTR. It used semolina and curd as the key ingredient to prepare the idlis. Also, Rava Idlis are a healthier option over rice idlis.
- If you love theater then this is the place you should visit. Ranga Shankara here is known for promoting theater in all languages and it is known that this theater has had more than 2700 performances till date. With this, you can visit other theaters also including Ravindra Kala Kshetra, Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Jagruti Theatre and others.
- • There was a time when Bangalore was known as the City of Lakes and may tourists around the world used to visit it throughout the year. There were more than 200 lakes and tanks in the city, of which the number has decreased now. Due to modernization, the charm of these lakes is now lost and the only major lakes left here are Hesarghatta Lake, Ulsoor Lake, Lalbagh Lake, Hebbal Lake and a few others.
Moving to Bengaluru
If you have any plans to shift to any city in India then Bangalore should be your first choice. Right from the ambience, lifestyle, economics, food to education & career opportunities, the city has in it everything for a comfortable living. To move to this city, you can hire professional packers and movers in your city. To choose among the many moving companies available online, you can read the testimonials of that company to get a fair idea of its services and customer support. Also, you can enquire about the range of services they are offering, which should include packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, warehousing and others, Thus, choose the best packers and movers in Bangalore to make a shift to this beautiful city, Bangalore.
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.