Nagpur City Information
Nagpur, the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra, is known as the third largest and the winter capital of this state. The winter session of the Maharashtra state assembly takes place in Nagpur only. With this, it is also the political and commercial center of the Vidharba region while Nagpur is also the headquarters of the Hindu nationalist organization RSS. This is one of those cities that has become popular for its Dalit Buddhists movement and has a Buddhist temple with largest hollow stupa in the world named Deekshabhoomi.
In addition to this, a survey by ABP News termed Nagpur as the finest city in terms of greenery, livability, healthcare facilities, public transport and cleanliness. According to Swachh Sarvekshan 2016, it has been declared as the 20th cleanest city in the entire nation while it also received the award for being the finest city for innovation and the premium practices in Swachh Sarvekshan 2018. With this, the city also bagged the title of being the open defecation free city in the year 2018 under Swachh Bharat Mission.
The city has also been projected as the smart cities of Maharashtra and is a favorite spot for people around the country to live a peaceful life. While talking about the safety, Nagpur is known to be one of the safest cities for women and also ranks at the 8th position in the competitive cities in India.
|Pin code(s)||440 001 – 440 037|
Nagpur weather and Nagpur temperature
|Climate data for Nagpur Airport (1971–1990)|
|Record high °C (°F)||36.6
|Average high °C (°F)||28.7
|Daily mean °C (°F)||20.9
|Average low °C (°F)||13.1
|Record low °C (°F)||3.9
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||12.5
|Average rainy days (≥ 1.0 mm)||1.8||2.2||1.9||1.2||2.9||11.4||17.5||16.5||10.4||4.0||1.3||1.1||72.2|
|Average relative humidity (%)||54||43||30||24||27||55||77||80||74||61||55||56||53|
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||272.0||268.3||287.6||290.8||293.8||186.6||115.4||116.7||182.5||260.4||264.1||268.8||2,807|
Nagpur places to visit
- Tiger reserves- Nagpur is a place that can get you an opportunity to explore the unexplored. The place has a number of tiger reserves due to which it is also known as the tiger capital of India. While talking about the reserves that have the maximum radius of 200 kilometers, Bor Wildlife Sanctuary, Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary, Kanha Tiger Reserve and Melghat Tiger Reserve comes on the top. Moving on to the tiger reserves that is around 141 kilometers around the city, it is Tadoba National Park and the one that is around 100 kilometers of the city is Pench Tiger Reserve. In addition to these, Nagpur is known to have its own forest area that is reserved at Gorewada and Seminary Hills.
- Religious places- When it comes to the religious places in Nagpur, there are quite many. Around the country and in fact, the whole world, the city holds the most popular Buddhist places known as Dragon Palace and Deekshabhoomi. According to the historical facts, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar accepted Buddhism at Deekshabhoomi and with him, there were a million more who followed him. On the other hand, the Dragon Palace is a temple that is located at Kamptee but a little far from the city, at around 15 kilometres away. With these two, there are various other temples as well such as Shri Shantinath Digambar Jain Mandir at Ramtek, Sai Baba Mandir at Wardha road, Koradi Temple-located at Koradi, Telankhedi Hanuman Temple, Shri Poddareshwar Ram Temple, Gurudwara Guru Nanak Darbar, Balaji Temple, All Saints Cathedral Church and various others. With this, Baba Tajjuddin Dargah, Adasa Ganpati Temple, Ramtek Fort Temple at Ramtek and others are also highly popular.
- Garden, zoos and lakes- Nagpur has with it the power to calm your aching nerves with the finest gardens and lakes. Some of the very popular natural lakes include Gorewada Lake, Khindsi Lake and Ambazari Lake. On the other hand, the man-made or the artificial lakes comprises of Shukrawari Lake, Zilpi Lake, Futala Lake, Sonegaon Lake and others. In addition to this, various gardens that the city holds are Japanese Garden, Ambazari Garden, Satpuda Botanical Garden, Telankhedi Garden and Children's Traffic Park. You can also pay a visit to zoological park here, which Maharajbagh zoo, located near Sitabuldi.
- Museums- If you havean interest in the history then you can pay a visit to the museums in Nagpur. The popular museums here are Narrow Gauge Rail Museum and Nagpur Central Museum, which was built in the year 1963. You can also visit Raman Science Center which is considered to be the premium science centers in the entire Central India. The city also some adventurous amusement parks including Fun Planet, Fun N Food Village, Dwarka River Farms and Amusement Park and High Land amusement Park. These parks are the perfect places for kids and adults.
Nagpur Hotels and resorts
Nagpur has the most luxurious hotels and resorts, which can make you stay worthwhile there. Listed below are some of the highly popular ones. To know the rest, you can browse through the internet for it.
- The Greenland Resort
- Hotel Sunrise N Resorts
- Sterling Resorts
- Olive Nature Park & Resort
- Excel Worlds Tadoba Resort
- Jungle Retreat Resort
- Karhandla Resort
- Radisson Blu Hotel Nagpur
- Tuli Imperial
- Hotel Adi
- Hotel Blue Diamond
Healthcare facilities in Nagpur
Nagpur provides proper healthcare facilities and NGOs here keep on conducting different health schemes to promote better health in the city. This is all done with the collaboration of World Health Organization, Central Government, UNICEF and state government. NMC today runs 3 big indoor patient hospitals that comprises of Panchpaoli Maternity Hospital in Panchpaoli, Indira Gandhi Rugnalaya at LAD square and Isolation Hospital in Immamwada. In addition to this, it has more than 50 outpatient dispensaries, 12 Ayurveda hospitals, 15 allopathy hospitals, three homoeopathy hospitals, one Unani hospital, three naturopathy hospitals and other health facility centers. The three big diagnostic centers that are run by civic body here include the centers at Sadar, Mahal and another at Indira Gandhi Rugnalaya.
List of some popular Nagpur hospitals
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Ayushman Superspeciality Hospital
- Central Neurological Medical Institute
- Central India Institute Of Medical Sciences
- Orange City Hospital & Research Institute
- Rashtra Sant Tukdoji Regional Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
- Tarangan Surgical Hospital & critical Care
- Wockhardt Heart Hospital
- Spandan Heart Institute & Research center
- Meditrina Institute of Medical Sciences
Education opportunities in Nagpur
List of 10 popular schools in Nagpur
- International School Of Scholars
- Somalwar High School
- St. Xavier’s high school
- Radcliffe School
- Central India Public School
- Global Indian International School
- Delhi Public School
- St. Francis de sales school
- Modern School
- New English School
List of 10 popular colleges in Nagpur
- Government College of Engineering
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management
- Symbiosis International University
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women
- Smt. Rajshree Mulak College of Engineering for Women
- Vilasarao Deshamukh College of Engineering and Technology, Mouda
- Smt. Bhagwati Chaturvedi College of Engineering
- Indian Institute of Fire Engineering
- G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology
Thus, it would be wise to say that Nagpur is a city that offers everything that you can ever ask for, to live a comfortable and happy life. Right from the exciting tourist places, medical centers, schools and colleges, the city will give you a scope to enhance and grow better in all the spheres. It is sure that you will not regret visiting this place whether it is to explore it or to reside there permanently. Happy living!
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.