Packers and Movers Services in Bhopal
Bhopal City Information
Bhopal, the City of Lakes, is the capital city of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is the administrative headquarters of both Bhopal district and Bhopal division. It is lovingly known as the City of Lakes due to various natural and artificial lakes within the city limits. Plus, it is also considered as one of the greenest and most beautiful cities in India. The beautiful city of Bhopal is the 16th largest city in the country and 131st largest city in the world.
Bhopal was founded in the year 1707. During that time, it was the capital of former Bhopal State, a princely state of the British ruled by the Nawabs of Bhopal. You can see various heritage structures from that period including Taj-ul-Masajid and Taj Mahal palace. Taj-ul-Masajid is the largest mosque in India and one of the largest mosques in Asia.
Bhopal is a Y-Class city and is home to several educational institutions, research institutions and establishments of national importance. India’s prominent organizations like ISRO's Master Control Facility, BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited), and AMPRI (Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute) are located in this city. IISER, MANIT, SPA, AIIMS, NLIU and IIIT are some of institutes of national importance located in the city.
Bhopal, the City of Lakes has been rated as the cleanest capital city for three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It has been selected as one of the first 20 Indian cities to be developed as a smart city under Smart Cities Mission - a flagship of our Honorable PM Shree Narendra Modi.
Bhopal Climate, Weather and Temperature
|Bhopal (Metropolis Capital)|
|Total Population||1,798,218 (2011 census)|
|Pin code of Bhopal||462001 to 462050|
|Telephone (STD) Code||0755|
|Avg. high temperature||31.7 oC (89.1 oF)|
|Avg. low temperature||18.6 oC (65.5 oF)|
Bhopal is known for a humid subtropical climate, with cool, dry winters, a hot summer and a humid monsoon season. Summers in the city start generally in late March and last till mid-June. The average temperature during summer months is around 30°C. May month generally witnesses peak of summer when temperature exceeds 40 °C. The monsoon season in the city starts generally in late June and ends in late September. The average temperature of Bhopal during monsoons is 25 °C. Generally, the humidity during this period is quite high. Winters in Bhopal usually starts in early November and lasts up to early March. The average temperature during winters in Bhopal is around 16 °C. In January, the temperature of Bhopal may drop close to freezing on some nights. The lowest temperature ever recorded in the city of Bhopal was 0.3 °C. If we talk about the total annual rainfall in the city then it is about 1146 mm (46 inches).
Best Residential Areas in Bhopal, the Capital of MP
Bhopal is one of the best Indian cities to live in. It offers excellent infrastructure, daily life facilities and public services including shopping malls, banks, restaurants, hospitals, schools, colleges, ATMs, parks, gardens, recreational parks, and hotels among others. Some of popular residential areas in the city are the following.
- MP Nagar - the Heart of the City
- Arera Colony - one of posh areas in Bhopal
- Nehru Nagar - a great residential area
- Old Bhopal - busy Bhopal
- Lalghati - lies in the outer part of the city
- Piplani - one of popular areas
- Ayodhya Bypass Road
- Hoshangabad Road - a developing area
- Shamla Hills - a central hub in the city
- Hamida Road Bhopal
- Ashok Vihar - home to various cultures and traditions of Bhopal
- Habibganj - a renowned suburb of Bhopal
List of Educational Institutions in Bhopal, the City of Lakes
Bhopal is a major education hub of India. It is home to some of India’s best educational and research institutions and institutions of national importance. There are a number universities, colleges and schools in the city which are known for imparting quality education to aspirants.
Institutions of National Importance in Bhopal
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT Bhopal)
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (SPA Bhopal)
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM Bhopal)
- National Law Institute University
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT Bhopal)
- National Institute of Design (NID Bhopal)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
Popular Schools in Bhopal, the City of Lakes
- The Sanskaar Valley School (ICSE and Cambridge A Levels)
- Carmel Convent School (girls-only) (CBSE)
- Campion School (boys-only) (CBSE)
- Delhi Public School, Bhopal (CBSE)
- Sagar Public School (SPS)
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir, a co-educational school
- Bhopal Girls’ School, managed by Queens’ College Educational Society
- Mount Carmel School, a recognized unaided Christian minority institution
- Bombay International School, a higher secondary school affiliated with ICSE
- Gyan Ganga International School
- Billabong High International School (ICSE)
- Bonnie Foi Co-ed School, run by Bonnie Foi Society, Bhopal
- Red Rose School, Lambakheda, the flagship school of the Red Rose Group.
- Mitthi Gobind Ram Public School, a CBSE-affiliated and ISO-certified senior secondary boys’ school
- International Public School, a co-educational English medium day-cum-boarding school (CBSE)
- World Way International School, Bhopal
Universities in Bhopal
- Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication
- RKDF University (a private university)
- Rabindranath Tagore University, formerly AISECT University
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
- Jagran Lakecity University
- LNCT University (a private university)
- Barkatullah University
Private Engineering Colleges in Bhopal
- Technocrats Institute of Technology, (TIT) Bhopal (1999)
- Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal (1995)
- Radharaman Institute of Technology & Science, Bhopal (2003)
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology, Bhopal (1994)
- Patel College of Science & Technology Bhopal (2008)
Medical Colleges in Bhopal, MP
- People's College of Medical Sciences and Research
- AIIMS, Bhopal
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
How to Reach Bhopal
Bhopal is well connected by roads, air and rail. The nearest airport is Raja Bhoj International Airport, located near the suburb of Bairagad. Bhopal Junction and Habibganj Railway Station are major railway stations in the city. Bhopal is well connected by roads from the rest parts of the state and country. Bhopal BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System), run by Bhopal City Link Limited (BCLL), provides urban transport in the city.
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.