Prayagraj (Allahabad) City Information
Allahabad is one of the most popular cities in Uttar Pradesh. This city is officially known as Prayagraj and is considered as the 12th most populous district in India. With this, it was also tagged as the 40th fastest growing city in the entire world in the year 2011, due to its recent establishments and growth. The city serves as the administrative headquarters of the Allahabad district and the Allahabad High Court here is considered the highest judicial body in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The city is highly famous for Triveni Sangam, which means the confluence of three major rivers of India namely Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. In Hindu scriptures, the mention of the ‘sangam’ of three rivers make this place all the more religious and important.
Considered as the third most livable city in state of Uttar Pradesh as per the records of 2016, this city offers a comfortable living to the residents there. The city has a number of ghats and the major one is the Saraswati Ghat. This ghat is at the banks of river Yamuna and is looks serene and peaceful. It has stairs from three sides and also provides the facility of boating for the visitors/tourists. In addition to this, there is a park above this ghat which is surrounded by lush greenery and is an ideal spot to spend quality time with your family. With this, there are other more than 100 ghats in this city, which are visited by the people here.
Allahabad temperature and climate
The city of Allahabad experiences humid subtropical climate and lies in the category of ‘Cwa’ in the Köppen climate classification. The hottest months in this city are May and June while the coldest months are December and January. The monsoon basically commences in June and stays till the month of August while the month of September faces humidity. Overall, the temperature in this city is pleasant and is worth living. Below discussed table will give you an insight into different temperature sin different months.
|Climate data for Allahabad|
|Record high °C (°F)||32.8
|Average high °C (°F)||23.2
|Average low °C (°F)||8.9
|Record low °C (°F)||1.1
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||18.3
|Average rainy days||1.8||1.4||0.4||0.7||1.1||5.4||12.7||12.1||9.1||1.8||0.6||0.7||47.9|
|Average relative humidity (%)||69||57||39||29||33||50||77||81||78||67||61||68||59|
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||224.9||244.2||263.2||274.1||292.3||206.4||143.3||180.6||184.3||259.7||256.7||244.0||2,773.7|
|Source #1: India Meteorological Department (record high and low up to 2010)|
Allahabad places to visit
Though there a number of places that you can visit in Allahabad but below discussed are the major ones. You can go through them and pay a visit here-
- Kumbh mela- The very famous kumbh mela takes place in Allahabad only. This mela is held at Prayaga where the three holy river meet. People visit here in thousands to see the meet of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati rivers at one go, which is known as Triveni Sangam. You should know that the ardh kumbh mela takes place in every six years at Allahabad and Haridwar. The Hindu people especially the pandits visit this sangam to take a dip in the holy water. It is believed that bathing in it washes away all the sins that you have committed. In the year 2013, the kumbh mela witnessed a total visitor of 3 crore. Due to this, there have been cases of people getting lost here. Otherwise, this place is worth visiting at least once in your lifetime.
- Bade hanuman temple- This temple is very popular in Allahabad and is visited by a number of devotees every day. It is located right near to the area where the sangam of three rivers takes place. The reason behind its popularity is its construction under the ground and the idol is in the leaning back position.The construction of it dates back to the time of King of Kannauj who built it in a hope to be blessed with a son. Over the years, the idol pushed into the mud and water only to be discovered by a saint. The devotees have strong devotion towards bade hanuman and Tuesdays and Saturdays are the days when the crowd is at its peak.
- Alopi devi mandir- This is one of the mysterious temples in Allahabad where there is no deity but people pray to a paalna there. It is believed that the right palm of the devi sati fell on this place and this paalna was kept there as a symbolic of her hand. Since the hand that fell disappeared, the temple was given the name “alopi devi”. People in large numbers visit this temple every day and tie a holy thread with a belief that every wish comes to be true here. If you visit Allahabad then a visit to this temple is must.
- Company Gardens- If you want to spend a peaceful time with nature then you must pay a visit to the Company Gardens in Allahabad. The location of this garden is right behind the Allahabad Museum, which is situated at Panna Lal Road. The entire park is covered with lush green trees, plants and the statuettes of George V and Victoria that are kept in the center of the garden. The Company Garden is just perfect for an evening stroll and serves the best place for kids to enjoy the recreational activities.
Allahabad hotels to stay
Thinking to visit Allahabad? If yes then you can choose to stay in one of the luxurious hotels available there. Below listed are some of the top hotels in Allahabad which are spacious and comfortable for a stay.
- Cennet The Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Ravisha Continental
- Milan Palace Hotel Allahabad
- Hotel Allahabad Regency
- Hotel Polo Max
- Millennium Inn
- Hotel Kanha Residency
- Hotel Kanha Shyam
- Hotel Star Regency
- Kunjpur Guest House
If you have a 3 year old kid, a teenager or an adult child, you can get the right kindergarten, school and colleges for them respectively. Here you can get a list of some of the top reputed schools in Allahabad. Also, you can browse through other school options nearby your place on the internet.
- Sanskaar International School
- Delhi Public School
- Kiddy Nursery Primary School
- Khelgaon Public School
- Noble Public School
- Semstar Global School
- Eoan Public School
- Aryakulam Co Ed English Medium School
- Kedarnath Public School Bachpan Play School
- The Mothers Pride School
If you are thinking to go to Allahabad for higher studies then you are sure to get some really good options to pursue your stream of education. Listed below are some of the good options of reputed schools and colleges which you can consider to take admission.
- Government Girls Polytechnic, Allahabad
- LB Shastri Homeopathic Medical College, Allahabad
- Kali Prasad Training College, Allahabad
- Motilal Nehru Institute of Research and Business Administration (MONIRBA), Allahabad
- Northern Regional Institute Of Printing Technology, Allahabad
- JK Institute Of Applied Physics and Technology College, Allahabad
- Faculty Of Archaeology, University Of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Institute Of Engineering & Rural Technology, Allahabad
- Kulbhaskar Ashram Degree College, Allahabad
- State Lal Bahadur Shastri Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Allahabad
Allahabad hospitals and medical centers
When it comes to the hospitals in Allahabad then the medical facility here is good. Below mentioned are some of best hospitals in Allahabad that you can reach to get your health issue treated.
- Shakuntala Hospital
- Vineeta Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Parvati Hospital Pvt. Ltd.
- Vishwanath Medicare Center & Hospital
- Shri Krishna Hospital Fracture And Dental Care Centre
- Saraswati Heart Care Hospital
- Ashutosh Hospital& Trauma Center Pvt. Ltd.
- Yashlok Hospital & Research Centre
- Saket Maternity & Nursing Home Pvt. Ltd.
- Priti Nursing And Maternity Home
Thus, it seems clear that Allahabad is a city that has all the facilities and amenities that can make your stay or permanent living comfortable. Right from the climate, tourists attractions to studies and job opportunities, Allahabad offers it all. You can take a train from any of the Indian city that you are living in to reach Allahabad. Once you are there, you will never regret your decision to be there. Have a happy vacation!
Get a Call Back Instantly
Experience the fastest and smartest way to get connected with pre-verified relocation experts. Get free moving quotes instantly from verified movers on services like packers & movers, car transport & warehousing.