To pack an oven for moving move, learning the right methods is crucial to avoid the risk of damage in transit. Collect the right packing supplies before you proceed to pack an oven. Packaging tape, rope, box, bubble wrap, packing paper, and a large cushioning pad are the recommended packaging supplies for secure packaging of the microwave oven.
Methods for packing an oven or stovetop are as follows:
- Prepare the box in which you will place your oven. Double tape the bottom to secure the box and place wadded papers or bubble wraps along the bottom to create the right amount of cushioning for your oven.
- Take your time to clean the microwave oven thoroughly. Completely dry the microwave oven and close its door.
- Unplug the microwave oven from the electric outlet and secure the power cord to the back of the oven.
- Wrap your oven into several layers of packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Then, secure the paper and bubble wrap it with the packing tape.
- Then, add another layer of bubble wrap around and fix the wrapping using the pieces of packing tape.
- Place wrapped microwave oven gently inside the pre-arranged box.
- Use a large cushioning pad around the oven if you don’t want to pack it in a box.
You have done it. Your microwave oven is not ready for moving.