Moving from one home to another can be an expensive affair.
Here are the top 10 ways to cut the costs of moving home.
- Choose the move day carefully. Avoid weekends and holidays for moving.
- Declutter your home and get rid of everything that you no longer need.
- Sell furniture that won’t fit in your new home.
- Sell surplus items to minimize the load.
- Pack your belongings by yourself if you have time and expertise.
- Set a moving budget; use packers and movers cost calculator to estimate the relocation costs.
- Shop around for reliable packers and movers.
- Gather estimates from multiple companies to compare the rates and choose the affordable one.
- Book your movers as early as possible to avoid last-minute hassles and hike in charges.
- Check for discounts, if any.