Most Advanced Packers and Movers Cost Calculator
Never end up with surprise relocation bills. Use this calculator to estimate shifting charges now!
Looking for ways of household goods transport from one city to another? Thinking about household goods transportation charges in India? Want to have safe and secure transportation of household goods to your desired place?
If so, then your search ends here. In this article, I will talk about some popular ways for the transport of household goods from one place to another. I will also talk about the charges for household goods transportation services in India. So, keep reading this article to know the best ways to transport goods from one city to another safely and efficiently at cheaper prices.
There are various means of transportation in India. When it comes to transporting household items, the most popular way is road transport. If you want to ship your belongings abroad then you can choose either air cargo or sea cargo. But if you have a large volume of goods to ship abroad, then choosing sea cargo is the best and cheapest option.
If you want to shift within India from one city to another or within a city, then road transport is the most ideal option. However, there are some other options that you can go with depending on your actual needs such as total weight & volume of goods, and distance. There are many alternative choices that can save you money on transportation of household goods from one city to another.
Best Ways for Household Goods Transportation in India
Here is the list of the 11 best ways for transportation of household goods in India. Have a look at them and choose the right mode as per your preferences and budget.
1. Household Shifting by Packers and Movers
One of the most popular ways to transport household goods from one city to another is hiring the services of professional packers and movers. If you have lots of belongings including furniture and appliances, then hiring employing movers and packers would be the best choice.
If you go with this option, you will get total support in the whole episode of the movement. Experts will pack your belongings and transport them to your desired place using an especially designed and suitable truck or tempo. The entire process of household goods shifting will become stress-free and comfortable. You will enjoy your new home sooner. There are a number of many packers and movers companies in almost all the major Indian cities.
Choosing the right one can be tricky and challenging. So, you should pick the right one carefully after thoroughly verifying their background and license.
- Safe and hassle-free execution of shifting process, if you hire trusted packers and movers.
- Not only transportation but also packaging, loading, unloading, and unpacking.
- Experienced and highly-skilled moving crew to handle your household items for transportation.
- Goods in transit insurance to cover the risk of damage to goods.
- Disassembly & reassembly of large furniture and home appliances.
- Door-to-door household goods transportation services.
- Bike and car transportation services.
- Value-added services like household goods storage, pet transportation, and furniture transportation.
- Availability of fake and fraud movers and packers in the market. You may get cheated if you don’t pick the right one carefully.
- Household goods transportation can turn into a painful experience if you hire inexperienced and unlicensed packers and movers.
- Transportation of household goods by road cost can be higher during holidays, weekends, and peak seasons.
2. Sending Household Items Through Courier or Parcel Services
Parcel or courier service is the best choice if you have a few bulky household items to transport. You can use this service to transport your bike, furniture, or appliances from one city to another. There are many local courier and parcel service providers in Indian metros that provide such types of services. These companies usually charge only for the transportation of goods. They have their own pickup vehicles to transport goods. For the best experience and hassle-free transportation of your goods, you need to hire the right and reliable service provider.
- The easiest way to transport a few bulky items like furniture, appliances, and two-wheelers.
- Express and priority delivery service on demand.
- Fewer transportation charges as compared to large moving trucks and packers and movers charges.
- Door-to-door transportation service not available.
- You need to arrange your own vehicle to drop off and pick up your goods from the parcel pickup centers.
- No availability of parcel pickup centers in remote and rural areas.
- The safety of household goods is not guaranteed.
- No insurance is covered.
3. Household Goods Transport by Mini Truck Rental
If you want the transportation of household goods within a city, then mini truck or tempo rental would be the best choice. There are several transport companies that offer mini trucks and tempos on rent for household goods shifting. These companies will pick up your goods from your doorstep and drop them off at your desired place. This option would be the best choice if you don’t have a large volume of goods and are not moving to a new city.
- Cheaper than hiring professional packers and movers.
- Most suitable for local house shifting with a limited number of goods.
- Door-to-door transportation service.
- Packing service not provided. You will need to pack your items by yourself.
- You need to pay for the driver and fuel.
- Unsure of the driver of the truck/tempo is licensed.
- Additional charges for more than 1 move.
- Uncertainty of the safety of household goods.
- You will need to bear the additional expenses of ropes, straps, and stretch cords.
- Risk of exposure of your belongings to wind, rain, and sun in transit.
4. Household Transport by Large Moving Truck
Household goods transport via a large moving truck is another option. Usually, this option is chosen by people when they need to transport most of their heavy belongings such as furniture, home appliances, and other bulky items from one city to another. There are several companies that offer trucks on rent for shifting purposes. This is not a suitable option for local shifting. This is a cost-effective option for those people who cannot afford the costs of hiring long-distance packers and movers. If you choose this option to transport your household items from one city to another, you will get only the transport service. You will need to do pack your belongings on your own. Also, you will need to do the loading, unloading, and unpacking tasks.
- Economical option as compared to hiring full-service packers and movers.
- Your vehicles can be also loaded on the truck.
- You can also travel on the same truck.
- You can also take pets on the same truck.
- Need to do tasks like packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking on your own.
- Need to pay driver and helper separately.
- No information about the credibility of driver and helper.
- Accidents may happen during loading and unloading the truck.
- No insurance provider to cover the risk of damage to goods in transit.
5. Luggage Transport by Bus
If you have a few bags or suitcases to transport, then transportation by bus is probably the most affordable method. You can choose this option for transporting your luggage from one city to another within India. In this option, you do not have to pay extra transportation charges for your luggage. You only need to take a travel ticket on that bus. There are also many professional goods transport companies that provide services for luggage transport. You can go with them.
- Most affordable method of goods transportation.
- No additional charges if your luggage is not more than 100 kg.
- Need to pay for passenger ticket only.
- Enjoyment of the road trip.
- Your luggage is chargeable if it is more than 100kg.
- Not suitable for transporting large items like furniture, bikes, and appliances.
- Need to hire carry luggage to and from the bus station on your own arrangement.
- Pet transportation is not allowed in buses.
- Can be time-consuming and irritating due to lots of stops in-between your travel.
6. Household Goods Transport by Train
Household goods transportation by train is one of the most affordable options. It is even cheaper than the transportation of goods by bus. You can carry up to 150 Kgs of your goods by train. If you have household items that weigh more than 150 kg, then you can send them by parcel by train. You will need to book a parcel in advance. Also, you can transport your bike by train.
- Cheaper than the transportation of goods (luggage) by bus
- You can carry goods up to 150 kg by the train
- Need to pack goods by yourself
- Need to pick up and your goods on time.
- Limited stations
- Need to book parcel service for transportation of items more than 150 kg.
7. Relocation by Air Freight
Are you planning to relocate your possessions to a faraway city such as Delhi to Chennai, Hyderabad to Patna, Kashmir to Kanyakumari, and Mumbai to Guwahati? If yes, then air freight service can be the best choice. But remember, this method for the transportation of household goods is the most expensive choice. There are many airlines in India that provide air freight services to transport goods and luggage from one city to another.
- An ideal option for moving goods in a single time.
- Stress-free travel and transfer of goods.
- No need to worry about safety procedures. Airline companies will take care of them.
- Airport pickup truck is available to move goods to and from airports.
- Most expensive method to transport goods.
- Need to arrange pickup truck for remote locations.
- More restrictions and limitations for shifting goods by air.
8. Shipping Household Goods by Sea Freight
Sea freight is one of the most preferred ways of transporting household goods abroad. For example, if you want to transport your household goods to the USA, then sea freight service would be the best choice. There are several international packers and movers in India that can provide you with this service. You can also directly consult with sea freight companies to send your belongings to your desired country.
- An affordable option of household good transport from India to abroad.
- Shipping of large volume of goods.
- Cheaper than international air freight service.
- Can be used for car transportation from India to abroad.
- Lots of formalities you need to go through
- Risk of damages to goods due to natural calamities.
9. Household Goods Transport by Mini Tow Trailer
Household goods transportation by mini two trailer — this is truly a cool method to transport household goods from one place to another. If you are moving locally within a city, then you can use this method to save money on hiring experienced movers and packers. By using this method, you can move your goods and vehicle at the same time. If you own a car with towing or trailer hitch facility, you can comfortably transfer small loads.
- Economical method to transport household goods from home to another.
- Transfer of household along with the car.
- It’s a DIY move. Therefore, you will need to do all shifting related tasks such as packing, loading, and unloading.
- Not suitable for transportation of large volume of household items.
- Difficulty in getting mini tow trailer on rent.
10. Moving by Two-Wheeler
Probably, this is the cheapest method to transport small items and goods safely from one place to another. If you have a few items to transfer from one place to another within your city, then you don’t need to hire expensive movers. You can use your own bike to carry the goods. You can tie a packed box or luggage behind you on the bike. This way, you will be able to transfer your goods to your new home without hiring a professional moving service.
- Express method to transfer a few items within a city.
- You can move you a family member with you who can also hold the box.
- Not suitable for moving with loads more than 25kg—can be risky.
- Have to drive your bike.
- Higher risk of accidents.
11. Moving Goods by Car
Household goods transportation by car is a good and economical option if you have a limited number of items to transport. If you have household items that can fit into your car, you don’t need to hire expensive movers and packers. If you have your car, jeep, or mini van, then can go with this option
- Economical way to transport household goods from one place to another.
- Can take family members with you.
- Express and safe transfer of goods.
- Need to pack, load, unload, and unpack.
- Not a good idea for long-distance or intercity relocation.
- Not effective when you have a large volume of goods.
- Making two or more rounds can be stressful.
Household Transportation Charges in India
Household transportation charges in India depend on many factors. Distance, total weight & volume of household items, value-added services, and the mode of transportation are the main cost-affecting factors. So, it is not possible to predict the household goods transportation charges in India without knowing your actual requirements and preferences. However, here you can see the price chart that will give a rough estimate of household goods transport charges on hiring packers and movers. You can also use the cost calculator to estimate packers and movers charges.
|Move Type/Distance||Local Move||100 – 350 km||350 – 750 km||750 – 1200 km||1200 – 1700 km||1700 – 2300 km|
|1 BHK||Rs. 4,000 – 11,000||Rs. 11,000 – 21,000||Rs. 13,500 – 22,500||Rs. 15,500 – 25,500||Rs. 18,500 – 27,000||Rs. 21,000 – 30,000|
|2 BHK||Rs. 6,500 – 16,000||Rs. 15,000 – 25,000||Rs. 17,500 – 28,500||Rs. 20,000 – 31,000||Rs. 23,000 – 36,000||Rs. 27,000 – 40,000|
|3 BHK||Rs. 10,000 – 20,000||Rs. 18,000 – 30,000||Rs. 21,000 – 34,000||Rs. 23,500 – 38,000||Rs. 27,500 – 42,000||Rs. 32,000 – 48,000|
I am a passionate content marketer, business writer, blogger, content editor, and information junkie with a penchant for reading & writing. I have been working with writing challenged clients for over 15 years.