If you are thinking of Griha Pravesh in Navratri 2022 then this segment is just for you. Navratri is considered as one of the most auspicious days for shifting into a new home for the first time. Entering into a new home in Navratri known to bring auspiciousness and prosperity in the home owner’s life.
Let’s know about Navratri Festival.
Navratri is a Hindu festival that spans 9 nights and 10 days, is celebrated every year for two or four times.
- Sharada Navratri: The Sharda Navratri is observed every year in the Hindu lunar month of Ashvin (Ashwin) September-October. This is the most celebrated one of the 2 or 4 Navratris. The Sharda Navratri culminates in Durga Puja and Dussehra.
- Chaitra Navratri aka Vasant Navratri: Chitra or Vasant Navratri is the second most celebrated of 2 or 4 Navratris. This Navratri is observed every in the Hindu lunar month of Chitra (March-April). And this Navratri culminates in Rama Navami on a ninth day.
Two other Navratris are:
- Magha Navratri: This Navratri is celebrated in Magha (January-February) in the winter season. The fifth day of this festival is called Vasant or Basant Panchami wherein the goddess of Knowledge and Music Saraswati is revered.
- Ashadha Navratri: As the name suggests, this festival is observed in the Hindu month of Ashadha (June-July), the beginning of monsoon season.
All these 4 Navratris are considered auspicious periods for shifting into a new home. It is said, there is no need of looking for auspicious Griha Pravesh dates if you are moving into a new home during Navratri.
Maha Ashtami, Maha Navami, Ram Navami, and Basant Panchami are always the best dates for doing any new work and auspicious things. If you move into your new home during the Navratri period then it will favor you in warding off evil effects and negative energy from your new home.
Griha Pravesh During Chaitra Navratri 2022
The auspicious festival of Navratri is coming soon. The 9 dates of Navratri are those dates in which you can do any auspicious work without consulting Pandit Ji or looking into Shubh Muhurat. These dates are also called Aboojh Muhurat.
Hindu New Year (हिन्दू नववर्ष), Gudi Padwa, Vasant Panchami, are Ramnavami considered as Aboojh Muhurat in the Chaitra month. If you are planning to shift into your new home in the month of Chaitra then you can consider planning your move during Navratri.
You will be wondered to know the fact that most people make Griha Pravesh during Navratri. It is believed that shifting into a new home during Chaitra Navratri brings happiness, prosperity, and health to the family. In addition, it also helps in warding off negative energy and evil effects.
Chaitra Navratri Dates in 2022
|Day & Date||Tithi||Festival/Deity|
|2April 2022, Saturday||Pratipada||Maa Shailputri Puja, Ghatasthapana|
|3 April 2022, Sunday||Dwitiya||Maa Brahmacharini Puja|
|4 April 2022, Monday||Tritiya||Maa Chandraghanta Puja|
|5 April 2022, Tuesday||Chaturthi||Maa Kushmanda Puja|
|6 April 2022, Wednesday||Panchami||Maa Skandamata Puja|
|7 April 2022, Thursday||Shashti||Maa Katyayani Puja|
|8 April 2022, Friday||Saptami||Maa Kalaratri Puja|
|9 April 2022, Saturday||Ashtami||Maa Maha Gauri Puja|
|10 April 2022, Sunday||Navami||Maa Siddhidatri Puja, Ram Navami|
|11 April 2022, Monday||Dashami||Navratri Parana|
Griha Pravesh During Sharda Navratri 2022
Sharda Navratri starts from 26 September and will ends on 5 October. Below is the date chart for Navratri in 2022. You can plan your Griha Pravesh accordingly.
Sharada Navratri Dates in 2022
|Day & Date||Tithi||Festival/Deity|
|26 September 2022, Monday||Pratipada||Maa Shailputri Puja, Ghatasthapana|
|27 September 2022, Tuesday||Dwitiya||Maa Brahmacharini Puja|
|28 September 2022, Wednesday||Tritiya||Maa Chandraghanta Puja|
|29 September 2022, Thursday||Chaturthi||Maa Kushmanda Puja|
|30 September 2022, Friday||Panchami||Maa Skandamata Puja|
|1 October 2022, Saturday||Shashti||Maa Katyayani Puja|
|2 October 2022, Sunday||Saptami||Maa Kalaratri Puja|
|3 October 2022, Monday||Ashtami||Maa Maha Gauri Puja|
|4 October 2022, Tuesday||Navami||Maa Siddhidatri Puja, Ram Navami|
|5 October 2022, Wednesday||Dashami||Navratri Parana, Durga Visarjan, Vijay Dashmi|
What to do when shifting into a new home during Navratri or Chaitra Navratri?
- Must keep auspicious Kalash when entering into a new home on Navratri. Put Ganga Jal and mango leaves in Kalash.
- Don’t forget to make auspicious Swastik symbol on the Kalash.
- Must bring Coconut, Turmeric, Jaggery, Whole Rice (Akshat) along with Kalash when entering into your new home.
- Place the Kalash in the northeast direction of your new home.
- The husband and wife should enter into a new home together.
- The husband should keep the right leg first and the wife should step her left leg first. This act brings happiness and prosperity to the family.
- Establish the idol of Lord Ganesh, Dakshinavarti Shankh, and Shri Yantra in your new home on Griha Pravesh in Navratri.
- Sprinkle Ganga Jal, Turmeric and Rice (Akshat) in every corner of your new home.
- Keep Jaggery in the kitchen your new home. This is an effective remedy for Vastu Dosha.
- Organize lessons of Durga Saptashi or Ramcharit Manas on Griha Pravesh in Navratri. Doing this act is very auspicious.
Frequently Asked Questions on Griha Pravesh in Navratri
Q. Which are good days for Griha Pravesh in Navratri?
Navratri festivals spans for 9 days. All nine dates are auspicious for Griha Pravesh. So, if you are planning to enter into your new home during Navratri or Chaitra Navratri then you can make Griha Pravesh on any day.
Q. Which is the best day for Griha Pravesh during Chaitra Navratri?
Although, all 9 days of Navratri are auspicious, but we would recommend you to choose Ram Navami. Shifting into a new home on Ram Navami is considered very auspicious among Hindus.
Q. What are auspicious dates to move into new home during Chaitra Navratri 2021?
This year Chaitra Navratri will start on Tuesday, 13 April, 2021 and last on Wednesday, 21 April 2021 . All 9 days of Navratri are auspicious and hence you don’t need to look for any muhurat.
Q. What are auspicious Griha Pravesh dates during Navratri 2021?
Navratri 2021 or Sharda Navratri 2021 will start on Thursday, 7 October and last on Thursday, 14 October. There is no muhurat for Griha Pravesh during this period. But you don’t need to worry at all. You can still make Griha Pravesh during Navratri because Navratri is itself very auspicious and you don’t need to solely depend on muhurat.