ॐ श्री गणेशाय नमः
Griha Pravesh Puja is a Hindu ceremony which is performed when an individual enters into their new home. This is a very auspicious puja that is performed with aim to bring happiness, peace and prosperity in the new home. The puja is organized on a very auspicious date in the right muhurat in consultation with an astrologer or Pandit Ji.
The Griha Pravesh Puja is generally centered on Vighnaharta Lord Ganesha – the remover of all obstacles. In Hinduism, the phrase “Shri Ganesha” signifies the start of something, especially the beginning of something good and positive. Hence, every Puja ceremony or ritual in Hinduism starts with worshiping Lord Ganesha, also known as Vinayaka and Ganpati. For this region, Ganesha Puja is imperative when entering into a new home.
The Griha Pravesh involves certain rituals such as:
- Worship of Lord Ganesha
- Vastu Puja
- Graha Shanti Puja
- Breaking Coconut
- Boiling Milk (in new vessel as sign of peace & prosperity), and
- Sprinkling holy water with mango leaves in all the rooms to ward of all the negative energies.
Some people also organize housewarming party on the day of Griha Pravesh after the puja ceremony.
What is the Importance of Griha Pravesh Puja?
Buying a new home is a matter of happiness and joy. It gives a strong reason to celebrate and share that happiness with near and dear ones. An individual will must receive the divine blessing by performing a special puja when they are entering into a new home. Since, Lord Ganesha is considered as the remover of all obstacles and the god of beginning, it is imperative to perform Ganesha Puja on the day of shifting into new home.
There are several benefits of Griha Pravesh Pujan. It is believed that the Puja helps in warding off all the negative energies also called Vastu Doshas. It brings lots of happiness, peace, health, wealth and prosperity in the house.
If you are a Hindu individual then you ought to thank the God who have given you this wonderful opportunity. Plus, you should also recall your ancestors with aim to get their blessings.
You should never skip Griha Pravesh Puja, no matter, whether you are shifting into a new house or a house that you have bought from someone else. A well completed Graha Pravesh Pujan will ward off evil spirits and negative sprits from your house.
So, if you are going to entering into a newly constructed or purchased home then you must not ignore the significance of Griha Pravesh Puja. Plus, you are advisable to perform Graha Pravesh Pooja on an auspicious day according to Hindu calendar. You should confirm the right day and muhurat for Graha Pravesh Pooja by consulting an astrologer or Hindu Priest.
Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri – Items Needed in Puja
The Griha Pravesh Puja is considered as a very auspicious Puja performed by an Individual in their life. It is the second most important event of an individual’s life after a wedding ceremony. Apart from Lord Ganesha Puja and Vastu Puja, a housewarming party is also organized on the day of Griha Pravesh.
A grand celebration is organized to share the joy and happiness with loved ones. The Griha Pravesh date is fixed in consulting with a Hindu Priest in accordance with Hindu calendar. In Griha Pravesh Puja, you will need various items. Here I am going to provide you Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri List. You can also ask your Pandit Ji for the list of Puja Samagri for Griha Pravesh. Check the below given Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri list of Samagri.
Items Needed for Griha Pravesh Puja
- Coconut – 2 pcs
- Areca nut (Supari) – 11 pcs
- Cloves – 10 gram
- Green Cardamom – 10 gram
- Betel leaves – 7 pcs
- Roli or Kumkum – 1 Packet
- Mauli – 1 bundle
- Upanayana or Janeu – 7
- Milk (not boiled) – 100 gram
- Yoghurt (Curd) – 100 gram
- Desi Ghee – 1 kilogram
- Honey – 250 gram
- Jaggery – 250 gram
- Whole Rice – 1.25 kilogram
- Panch Meva (Mixture of 5 types of dry fruits) – 250 gram
- Five types of sweets – 500 gram
- 5 types of seasonal fruits – as per the needs
- Flowers & flower garlands – 5
- Dhup Batti – 1 packet
- Incense Stick – 1 packet
- Incense burner (Hawan Samagri) – 1 kilogram
- Barley (grains) – 250 gram
- Black sesame seeds – 250 gram
- Large earthen Diya – 1 pc
- Brass Kalasha – 1
- Cotton – 1 packet
- Yellow cloth – 1.25 meter
- Red cloth – 1.25 meter
- Camphor – 11 pcs
- Mango or Ashoka Tree leaves – 11 leaves
- Dry woods of mango – 2 kilogram
- Turmeric – 100 gram
- Ganga Jal – 1 liter
- Wooden low height table (Chauki) – 1 pc
- Atta – 1.25 kilogram
Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri List in Hindi – गृह प्रवेश पूजा सामग्री लिस्ट
Several people are searching for Griha Pravesh Pooja Samagri list in Hindi. If you too are one of those people then here is the list of Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri in Hindi.
- कलश – 1
- मिट्टी के बड़ा दीया – 1
- श्री फल या नारियल – 1
- साबुत चावल – 1 किलो 250 ग्राम
- पंच मेवा – 250 ग्राम
- पंच मिठाई – 500 ग्राम
- पांच ॠतु फल – श्रद्धा अनुसार
- शक्कर (गुड़) – 250 ग्राम
- आटा – सवा किलो
- देशी घी – 1 किलोग्राम
- गंगाजल – 1 लीटर
- पान के पत्ते – 7
- आम या अशोक के पत्ते – 11 पत्ते
- आम की लकडियां – 2 किलोग्राम
- लकड़ी का चौकी – 1
- लाल कपडा – सवा मीटर
- पीला कपड़ा – सवा मीटर
- हवन कुंड – 1
- हवन सामग्री – 1किलो ग्राम
- धूप -1पैकेट
- अगरबत्ती – 1 पैकेट
- काले तिल – 250 ग्राम
- जौ – 250 ग्राम
- फूल माला, फूल – 5
- रोली या कुमकुम – 1 पैकेट
- साबुत हल्दी – 100 ग्राम
- लौंग – 10 ग्राम
- इलाइची – 10 ग्राम
- सुपारी – 11
- मौली – 1 गोली
- जनेऊ – 7
- दही – 100 ग्राम
- कच्चा दूध – 100 ग्राम
- शहद – 250 ग्राम
- रूई – 1पैकेट
- कपूर – 11 टिक्की
- दोने – 1 पैकेट
Key points to remember:
- You should never use broken rice in any Puja.
- Panch Meva should be mixture of Almonds, Dry Dates, Raisins, Makhanas (Fox Nuts), and Cashew Nuts.
- Panch Mithai should be mixture of Bundi Laddu, Milk Cake, Besan Laddu, Coconut Barfi, and Kalakand or any 5 types of dry sweets.
- Plus, Panch Fruits should be mixture of bananas, pomegranates and any three types of seasonal fruits.
- Mix Atta in Ghee with Jaggery to make dry Prasad. It is also called Kashar or Mahabhog.
Griha Pravesh Puja Vidhi – How to Perform Griha Pravesh Puja?
Griha Pravesh Puja Vidhi is the method of performing Griha Pravesh Puja when we enter into a new home, no matter, it is purchased or rented. If you want to know the right ways to perform Griha Pravesh Puja then here you can get the right piece of information. Here is the step by step guide to do Puja for entering into a new home.
Entering into New Home
- Select the right and auspicious day for moving into your new home. You can see here Griha Pravesh Dates & Muhurat.
- You can also find an auspicious day by consulting your Pandit Ji.
- Collect the required items need for Puja. Check the Griha Pravesh Puja Samagri List above.
- On the day of Puja, decorate your home with bandanwar, rangoli and fresh flowers. It is said that this task should be done by sister or daughter.
- Mark the symbol of Swastik on the both side of your main gate from outside. Use Roli (Kumkum) to mark the Swastik.
- Fill the Kalash with Ganga Jal, then place Coconut among 8 mango leaves. You can also use Ashoka Tree leaves in spite of mango leaves.
- Enter into your new home with Mangal Kalash (an auspicious pitcher) and the Idol of Lord Ganesha in the sunlight. Make sure to enter into your new home in the Shubh Muhurat.
- When entering, make sure to have five auspicious things with you. Coconut, Turmeric, Jaggery, Rice, and Milk.
- You should also take Lord Ganesh Idol, Dakshinavarti Shankh and Shri Yantra into your new home.
- Male should step first right leg and women should step left leg first to enter in to the new home.
Kalash Establishment, Puja and Hawan
- Place the Kalash and the Idol of Lord Ganesh in the northeast corner of the home. You can also place the Kalash and Idol at your home temple.
- While placing the Mangal Kalash and Ganesh Idol, chant Ganpati Mantra – ॐ श्री गणेशाय नमः or वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ। निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा॥
- Establish the auspicious Kalash the little amount of rice.
- Perform Ganesh Puja, Vastu Puja and Hawan Puja.
- Worship your kitchen – make auspicious swastika mark on gas stove.
- Place Jaggery and Green Vegetables in your kitchen on the first day of your move.
- Boil milk on the gas stove. It is a custom.
- Make any sweet dishes.
- First of all, offer food to God and then keep aside food for Cow, Crow, Dog, and Ant.
- Offer Dakshina and Food to Pandit Ji.
- Distribute Puja Prasad among your neighbors and near and dear ones.
Griha Pravesh Mantra in Hindi/Sanskrit
When entering into your new home, chat these 10 mantras by standing on the gate. Chanting these mantras will keep your home protected from future obstacles.
- गृह प्रवेशाय नम:।
- गृह प्रवेशाय नमो नम:।
- गृह प्रवेशाय शुभ नम:।
- गृह प्रवेशाय शांति भव।
- गृह शुक्राय नम:।
- गृह बृहस्पतये नम:।
- गृह बुधाय नम:।
- गृह मंगलम् नमो नम:।
- गृह सोमेश्वराय नम:।
- गृह रवि नमो नम:।
- Diwali Decoration Ideas – Cleaning & Decoration Hacks for Diwali - September 15, 2020
- 10 Highly Effective & Lesser Known Ways to Get Rid of Lizards - September 7, 2020
- Top 10 Best Places to Visit after Moving to Delhi - September 3, 2020