Are you looking for auspicious Griha Pravesh dates & days for 2021? Or, want to know shubh muhurat for Griha Pravesh in 2021?
Want to know an auspicious day for shifting into your new home? If yes then your search ends here.
Congratulations on your new home!
May your new home be filled with love and good health! It’s just a house without you. It will be a beautiful home when you will be entering in it.
It will be a new beginning of your life and the foundation of many memories. Everyone wants to shift into a new home on an auspicious day so that no issues can be found later.
A home is a place where every person enjoys the comforts and happiest moments of their own life. A home is not only a structure built with bricks, cement, and stones but also a palace of a persons’ dreams and memories.
Every person in this world wishes to have a good home where they can spend a good time with their family members, relatives, and friends.
We always try to live in a home where happiness can thrive and the home is not influenced by an evil eye (buri nazar).
In this article, you will find
- Griha Pravesh Puja Vidhi PDF – Download Here
- List of Items Required for Griha Pravaesh PDF- Download Here
- Griha Pravesh Pula Samagri List in Hindi PDF – Download Here.
- Griha Pravesh Mantra in Hindi PDF Format – Download Here.
When You Should Make Griha Pravesh? – Auspicious Days and Months for Griha Pravesh
It is better to consult a knowledgeable astrologer or pandit ji to know the right timing and auspicious time for entering into a new home.
Here I am going to give some key insights on when you should enter into your new home.
Auspicious Months for Moving into New Home
The Hindi months of Magha, Phalguna, Vaisakha, and Jyeshtha are considered as the auspicious and best time for shifting into a new home.
Auspicious beginnings (Shubh Karyas) including Griha Pravesh are prohibited in the months of Ashadha, Shravana, Bhadra, and Ashvin. Pausha month is also not considered auspicious and good for Griha Pravesh.
- Auspicious Months: Magha, Phalguna, Vaisakha, and Jyeshtha
- Prohibited Months: Ashadha, Shravana, Bhadra, and Ashvin
Auspicious Days for Housewarming
Tuesday is not an auspicious day for housewarming or entering into a new home. In some special cases, Saturday and Sunday are also prohibited for Griha Pravesh.
Apart from these prohibited days, rest days of the week are good for housewarming ceremony. Thursday is considered a very auspicious day for shifting into a new home.
Except for Amavasya and Purnima, the dates of Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, and Troydashi are considered auspicious days for Griha Pravesh (housewarming event).
What are Auspicious Griha Pravesh Dates in 2021?
there are only 18 auspicious dates for moving into a new home in 2021. So, if you are planning to make a house moving in 2021 then consider to shift into one of the auspicious Griha Pravesh dates of 2021.
Auspicious Griha Pravesh dates are calculated after doing Panchang Shuddhi.
Panchang Shuddhi gives not only Shubh Griha Pravesh dates but also Shubh time to perform housewarming ceremony consisting of Puja, Hawan and Vastu Shanti Puja.
Griha Pravesh Dates & Muhurat 2021
|Dates||Days||Muhurat (Timing)||Star & Nakshatra||Tithi & Maah|
|09 January||Saturday||12:32 PM to 07:17 PM||Anuradha||Ekadashi|
|13 May||Thursday||05:33 AM to 05:32 AM, May 14||Rohini||Dwitiya|
|14 May||Friday||05:32 AM to 05:31 AM, May 15||Mrigashirsha||Tritiya|
|21 May||Friday||03:23 PM to 05:28 AM, May 22||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|22 May||Saturday||05:28 AM to 02:06 PM||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|24 May||Monday||05:27 AM to 09:49 AM||Chitra||Trayodashi|
|26 May||Wednesday||04:43 PM to 01:16 AM, May 27||Anuradha||Pratipada|
|04 June||Friday||05:24 AM to 05:24 AM, Jun 05||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|05 June||Saturday||05:24 AM to 11:28 PM||Revati||Ekadashi|
|19 June||Saturday||08:29 PM to 05:25 AM, Jun 20||Chitra||Dashami|
|26 June||Saturday||05:26 AM to 02:36 AM, Jun 27||Uttara Ashadha||Dwitiya, Tritiya|
|01 July||Thursday||05:28 AM to 02:01 PM||Uttara Bhadrapada||Saptami|
|05 November||Friday||02:23 AM to 06:37 AM, Nov 06||Anuradha||Dwitiya|
|06 November||Saturday||06:37 AM to 11:39 PM||Anuradha||Dwitiya, Tritiya|
|10 November||Wednesday||08:25 AM to 03:42 PM||Uttara Ashadha||Saptami|
|20 November||Saturday||06:48 AM to 06:49 AM, Nov 21||Rohini||Pratipada, Dwitiya|
|29 November||Monday||06:55 AM to 09:42 PM||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|13 December||Monday||07:05 AM to 02:05 AM, Dec 14||Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
Please Note: Some sources say that there are 4 more auspicious days for moving into a new home in 2021. See the chart below for the same.
|10 June||Thursday||04:24:10 PM to 05:22:34 AM, June 11|
|11 June||Friday||05:22:34 AM to 14:30:41 PM|
|07 July||Wednesday||05:28:57 AM to 03:23:00, June 08|
|31 December||Friday||10:42:03 to 10:04:40 PM|
What is Griha Pravesh or Gruhapravesam?
Many fortunate, auspicious and lucky occasions come in our lives. Griha Pravesh is one of them. Also known as a housewarming event, it is an occasion when a person shifts into a new home for the first time. It is an auspicious occasion.
And hence, people often shift into a new home on an auspicious day. Whether it is a newly constructed house or an old purchased house, people organize a program of Griha Pravesh. In the program of housewarming (Griha Pravesh), Hindus often offer Hawan Shanti and Vastu Pooja so that prosperity and peace continue to thrive.
What are types of Gruhapravesam?
According to Vastu Shastra, there are three types of Griha Pravesh that include entering into a newly constructed home, entering into an old home that you have purchased, and reentering into own abandoned home.
1. Apurva Gruhapravesam
When a person enters into a new home that he/she has purchased, no matter, home is a newly constructed or an old home, then it is called Apurva Griha Pravesh.
2. Sapurva Griha Pravesh
Some people have to move to a new city for several years for personal reasons. If people have left his/her home vacant for a prolonged period and want to reenter in their homes they need to perform the Griha Pravesh ritual – that is called Sapurva Griha Pravesh. Griha Pravesh ceremony organized for any home where residents had lived earlier comes under this category.
3. Dwandwa Gruhapravesam
When people enter the house after reconstruction or renovation and organize a housewarming event then it is called Dwandwa Griha Pravesh. Any renovation work was done due to natural calamities like floods, fire, earthquakes also comes under the Dwandwa Griha Pravesh category.
What is Gruhapravesam Muhurat?
Griha Pravesh Muhurat is a term given to an auspicious day and time for moving into a new home. We always try our Griha Pravesh should be completed at the right time and on the right day. Since it is also an auspicious occasion, it should be completed with rituals without any troubles and obstacles.
Why is Muhurat for Griha Pravesh So Important?
In the Hindu religion, every Shubh Karya (auspicious work) is completed on a special muhurat (auspicious beginning). People often contact astrologers to know the right timing and right day for moving into a new home.
It is important because no person wants to take any risk of future obstacles and issues caused by the bad effects of grah and nakshatra. Griha Pravesh in the right muhurta is also important with the aim to eliminate any Vastu Dosha (Vastu Defects) in the home.
Grihapravesham Dos and Don’ts
To Do on Griha Pravesh Puja
- Consult a knowledgeable pandit to perform Puja Ceremony on Griha Pravesh.
- Decorate the entrance of your home with fresh flowers and flower bandanwar.
- Make colorful rangoli on the floor.
- Conduct a Vastu Puja before Griha Pravesh
- Fill “Kalash” with Ganga Jal, and place coconut among the mango or Ashoka leaves in it.
- Make a Swastika symbol with Kumkum on urn and coconut.
- After the puja, enter the new home in the light of the sun by taking the auspicious Kalash.
- Men should enter the new house by stepping the right leg first.
- Women should enter the new house by stepping the left leg first.
- Before you enter the house, break a coconut (Nariyal), which signifies the elimination of the obstacles.
- Place the idol of Lord Ganesha facing the east direction on puja.
- Offer a prayer to Lord Ganesha and then establish the holy Kalash in the northeast of the house or puja Ghar.
- Perform Puja in the kitchen and make the auspicious sign of Swastika on the entrance.
- Sprinkle the holy water with mango leaf after performing the ceremony.
- Finally, give food Dakshina (some money) to a Brahmin or a poor person.
Not to Do on Griha Pravesh Puja
- Don’t allow a pregnant lady to perform Griha Pravesh Puja.
- And, don’t shift the furniture except for gas cylinder or stove unless the Vastu Puja is executed.
- Don’t leave the house vacant for at least three days after the ceremony.
- Do not forget to offer the priest Dakshina (some money or gifts).
- Don’t perform Griha Pravesh Puja or Vastu Puja if a death has taken place recently in the family.
If you follow these rituals on Griha Pravesh then it will bring prosperity, happiness in the family and your home. It will also destroy all evil eyes looking at your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can Griha Pravesh be done in Navratri?Yes. In fact, it would be one of the best and wise decisions to entering into a new home during Navratri. You can make Griha Pravesh during either Sharda Navratri or Chaitra Navratri.
Q. Which is the best day for Griha Pravesh during Chaitra Navratri?Although all 9 days are auspicious, Ramnavami is considered as the most auspicious date for Griha Pravesh during Chaitra Navratri.
Q. Can we do Griha Pravesh in Navratri of Ashvin month?Yes. Entering into a new home during Sharda Navratri is also very auspicious. Maha Saptami, Maha Ashtami, Maha Navami, and Vijayadashmi are the best days for Griha Pravesh. If you are moving during these days then you don't need to look into Muhurat. These days are beyond muhurat and always very auspicious.
Q. What are auspicious dates in January 2021 for entering into a new home?9th January is the only auspicious date for Griha Pravesh in January 2021. Griha Pravesh dates in January 2021
- 09 January, Saturday, Ekadashi
Q. What are auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in February 2021?This year there are no auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in February 2021. But, moving into a new home on Basant Panchami or Vasant Panchami is considered very auspicious, so you can move into a new house on this day in February. This year Basant Panchami falls on 16th February 2021.
Q. What are auspicious Griha Pravesh dates in March 2021?There are no auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in March 2021. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for moving into a new home in April 2021?Just like February and March, there’re no auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in April 2021. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are auspicious days for entering into a new house in May 2021?6 dates are available in May 2021 for organizing Griha Pravesh and Vastu Puja. 6 auspicious Griha Pravesh dates in May 2021 are the following:
- 13 May, Thursday, Dwitiya
- 14 May, Friday, Tritiya
- 21 May, Friday, Dashami
- 22 May, Saturday, Ekadashi
- 24 May, Monday, Trayodashi
- 26 May, Wednesday, Pratipada
Q. What are auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in June 2021?4 dates are auspicious for Griha Pravesh in June 2021. Griha Pravesh dates in June 2021 are:
- 04 June, Friday, (Dashami, Ekadashi)
- 05 June, Saturday, Ekadashi
- 19 June, Saturday, Dashami
- 26 June, Saturday, (Dwitiya, Tritiya)
Q. What are the best dates for shifting into a new home in July 2021?1st July, Thursday is the only auspicious date for shifting into a new home in July 2021. Griha Pravesh dates in July 2021
- 01 July, Thursday, Saptami
Q. When is Shubh Din for moving into a new home in August 2021?August 2021 does not have auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the best dates for entering into a new house in September 2021?There are also no auspicious dates available in September 2021. However, you can confirm the same with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the best days for Griha Pravesh in October 2021?Some sources say that there are auspicious dates available in October 2021. But some sources also say that there are no auspicious dates available in October 2021. So, if you are planning to shift into a new home in October 2021 then you must confirm it with your astrologer or pandit.
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for entering into a new house in November 2021?There are 5 most auspicious dates available for Griha Pravesh in November 2021. Following are the Griha Pravesh dates in November 2021:
- 05 November, Friday, Dwitiya
- 06 November, Saturday, (Dwitiya, Tritiya)
- 10 November, Wednesday, Saptami
- 20 November, Saturday, Dwitiya
- 29 November, Monday, Dashami
Q. What are the most auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in December 2021?There’s only one auspicious date for Griha Pravesh in December 2021. Griha Pravesh date in December 2021
- 13 December, Monday, (Dashami, Ekadashi)
- Home Vastu Shastra Tips to Bring Positive Energy, Prosperity and Better Life
- Feng Shui Tips for Moving into New House in the New Year 2021
- 15 Ways to Throw a Memorable Housewarming Party on a Budget
- Best Housewarming Wishes Messages, Quotes and Greetings
- Housewarming Gifts Ideas – 12 Practical & Thoughtful Griha Pravesh Gifts
- Best Nakshatra for Griha Pravesh – Which Nakshatra is Good for Housewarming?
- Griha Nirman Muhurat – Auspicious Dates for New House Construction - February 9, 2021
- IBA Approved Packers and Movers in Gurgaon, Haryana - February 8, 2021
- IBA Approved Packers and Movers in Ghaziabad & Noida, Uttar Pradesh - February 8, 2021