Most Advanced Packers and Movers Cost Calculator
Never end up with surprise relocation bills. Use this calculator to estimate shifting charges now!
The process of home shifting is not a walk in the park. It can be a tough row to hoe, especially if you are not prepared and organized. You need to move to your new home with the best plan of action. A moving guide will help you accomplish a successful move.
Every mistake made by you can be a turn of the screw. A professional company of packers and movers can be a tower of strength on your move. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you must prepare yourself to pass a torrid time of relocation.
I know the stress of finding a new home well. Whether you want to purchase a new home or rent it out, finding a new home is not a fun chore at all.
The good news is that you have done it successfully by making your best efforts in finding the right home for you and your family members. The next colossal task you will have is to move into your new home.
But packing up entire household effects and settling into your new place will not be a stroll in the park if you are not prepared and organized for the same.
Moving into a new home might be exciting for you and your family members. But you need to be prepared for what can be an unpleasant situation caused by a combination of unfavorable circumstances such as last-minute packing hassles, truck breaking down in the route, or hidden costs from a scoundrel company of packers and movers.
It is easy to ignore the planning and getting everything organized for your next big move. This may cause an extremely painful experience because of the unawareness of “planning is imperative for a successful & hassle-free move”.
So, to help you make your move less stressful and more enjoyable, I have come up with expert tips in this moving guide.
This moving guide will cover the following topics:
- Why is hiring packers and movers so important?
- How and when should you hire professional packers and movers?
- What are common mistakes people make while relocating?
- What are some good ways to pack household items for moving?
Why is hiring packers and movers so important?
Let’s understand why hiring a professional moving company is so important for a smooth and stress-free home relocation. People move from one place to another on average once every seven years, but a professional moving company makes relocation every day.
Needless to say — the house shifting process comprises a series of complicated tasks such as packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking. In addition, it makes you uncomfortable physically and mentally.
Therefore, hiring a relocation company means allowing practiced hands to accomplish your shifting tasks on behalf of you. Professional movers and packers know well —
- how to properly pack fragile & specialty items,
- how to dismantle & wrap furniture, how to handle appliances,
- and , how to properly load a truck to save the most space and keep your household effects safe during transit.
Moving to a new place is one of the most daunting, stressful, and challenging things we go through. And hiring the right moving crew will help simplify the process, minimize stress, save time, and time is money.
Hiring a company of professional packers and movers is also important if you wish to see the safe and hassle-free execution of the entire shifting process. Professional relocation services will also minimize effort, maximize efficiency, and move your belongings to your new home as seamlessly as possible.
Renting a truck and asking for help from friends and relatives can be also an option for moving into a new home. But it is certainly not an exemplary decision for intercity or long-distance house relocation. Your friends or relatives might refuse to offer you the required help on your move because of their tight schedules or lack of time. In addition, you will not be able to pack your belongings as securely as professional packers. Therefore, hiring the perfect moving crew is an absolute must.
How and when should you hire professional packers and movers?
Hiring one of the best moving crews to make a big move smooth and successful is imperative. There is no doubt about it. But finding the right packers and movers can be also an enormous challenge for you. Here are some tips that might help you choose the best moving crew for your upcoming move.
Do your research
Making thorough research on the availability of good packers and movers is imperative before choosing the right one. I strongly recommend that you must do your research so that you can hire the cheap and best movers and packers for your upcoming move. Don’t be in a hurry. Take your time and do the research comprehensively before hiring packers and movers.
Don’t hesitate to ask the questions you have in mind.
- Are movers and packers licensed and registered?
- Do they offer goods transit insurance coverage?
- Are movers background-checked and dependable?
You should check and verify the credentials of movers before making any opinion about any moving company. Having the best and experienced moving crew can make all the difference—your move is less stressful and more enjoyable.
Book the best movers early
When should you hire one of the professional packers and movers for your move? Book early. In a last-minute booking, you may not find an excellent company or a better deal. Hence, booking the perfect moving company early is imperative and recommended.
In my point of view, you should hire one of the best and licensed movers and packers in your city 2-4 weeks well in advance.
Get rid of what things are not-transportable
I have personally moved from one place to another 3 times in my life. I didn’t hire a professional moving company for your first move because I had a few items. But I managed anyhow with the help of my friends. On the next two moves, I took the help of professional movers and packers because of long-distance moves and a lot of household items.
My personal advice is you must get rid of what items movers cannot move. There are certain items that are categorized as non-transportable items. These items can be hazardous items, inflammable things, and perishable items. Furthermore, you should also get rid of any unwanted surplus and junk items. By minimizing the loads on your move, you can also save on your moving cost.
What are common mistakes people make while relocating?
The biggest mistake people often make is not verifying the credentials of a moving company. They often go to a moving company and hire services. But this is not a great idea at all. You must be very picky with your movers and packers.
You need to do thorough research on the shortlisted companies you are entrusting your belongings to. Must check their license, company registration certificate, GST registration certificate, company PAN, and AADHAAR. Additionally, you should also check movers’ background and market reputation from various sources such as Google Reviews, Facebook Reviews, Mouthshut, and other online community sites.
Not getting estimates in writing is also a big mistake made by people while moving. You should always get the estimates in writing. You can ask your movers to put their every commitment in writing. Don’t sign any blank paper. Don’t sign the contract paper without properly reading it.
A pre-move survey is imperative. Many people don’t ask movers to conduct a pre-move survey. As a result, they have to pay higher charges. Legitimate movers and packers will never hesitate to conduct a pre-move survey before giving you the moving price estimates.
By avoiding these mistakes, you can certainly hire the best moving crew and make your move safe, smooth, and hassle-free.
What are some good ways to pack household items for moving?
Any moving guide is incomplete if it does not describe how to pack for a safe and hassle-free move. Here are a few packing tips I want to include in my moving guide.
- Start packing your household belongings as soon as you have decided on the day of the move. This will help you avoid the mad rush of last-minute packing. This will also help you eliminate the risk of damage to the goods. But an early start will help you sort everything and label every box properly.
- Before you begin packing your belongings, be prepared with the required packing supplies, packing tools, and an assortment of moving boxes. Purchase or gather packing materials 20% extra than the actual requirement. This will avoid last-minute shortages and you will not need to run to the nearby store at the last minute.
- If you want to save money on packing supplies, then there can be certain items you can use. Old newspapers, old blankets, linens, and towels can be used as wrapping and padding supplies. You can use the suitcase to place your clothing. Vacuum plastic bags can be a good storage-saving option. If you are looking for free boxes, you can contact your local grocery stores.
- Use extra layers of wrapping sheets, such as bubble wrap, to protect fragile items. You must pack chinaware, silverware, cups, plates, glassware, and stemware with the utmost care and attention. It’s better to let professional movers and packers do the job on your behalf.
- Minimize the loads of shifting by getting rid of surplus, unwanted, and junk items. You can donate your surplus items or hold a garage sale.
- Pack everyday kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom items at last. And don’t forget to label every box with the appropriate tag. Proper labeling will make the unpacking process a lot easier.
I hope that this ultimate moving guide will make your upcoming move successful. If you have recently relocated, share your top moving tips in the comment box below.