Most Advanced Packers and Movers Cost Calculator
Never end up with surprise relocation bills. Use this calculator to estimate shifting charges now!
We consider summer as one of the most preferred seasons for house moving. There are holidays in schools and colleges. There are some advantages to moving house in summer. For many Indians, summer is the best time to move to a new home because kids are out of school and there is more sunshine. Continue reading below ▼.
But moving in the summer can bring you lots of problems and difficulties too. There can be extreme heat and higher levels of humidity during summer. And hence, moving from one home to another in the extreme heat of summer can be dangerous. You may suffer from sunstroke. So, plan your move before the first of May. Before the May month, you will find pleasant weather. If it is not possible, you must know the heat and plan your summer move with precautions to reduce the negative effects of the summer heat on your health and the moving experience.
Pay attention to the following tips to survive a house move in summer.
Health precautions for the summer move
Careful planning is important. It will help prevent heat-related illness during the summer move. Here are some important tips for health precautions for your move during summer.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water. Aim to hydrate yourself every 15 minutes.
- Plan your move in the morning because the morning is comparatively cooler.
- Apply sweat-proof sunscreen lotion on your body to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Wear oversized sunglasses with a UV protection label.
- Wear a hat to avoid the direct sunrays on your head.
- Don’t take coffee and alcohol. Alcohol and coffee are diuretics and could increase the risk of severe dehydration.
- If you experience signs of heat exhaustion, get inside where the environment is cool, and seek medical attention.
- Try to plan your move when the sun is not as strong and UV radiation is lower.
Packing precautions for the summer move
If you are packing household items on your own, then you must follow packing precautions. Preparing household belongings for moving during summer will require a little extra thought and precaution. Some items are more vulnerable to high temperature and could be damaged in the exposure of sun for extended periods. Here is the list of items which required extra packing precautions.
- Medicine, sunscreen lotion, and cosmetics
- CDs, DVDs, mobile phone chargers, laptops, tablets, cameras, and other electronic items
- Batteries, candles, cleaning products, and crayons
You should pack separately these items and unload first to avoid the risk of damages. So, it is important to take care of those belongings which can get damaged by heat.
Take care of packers and movers on a hot day
You must also think about packers and movers on a hot day. In order to help movers work on a hot day expeditiously, you can provide them with water, cold buttermilk, cold drinks, and cold damp towels. This will help your movers stay them safe, hydrated and more efficient. It would be a great way to earn good karma with your packers & movers.
Take special care of your kids and pets
On your summer move, your house may have full of boxes and moving equipment. The doors will be open for extended hours and making air-conditioning ineffective. The hot wave of air coming from outside in your home may affect your kids and pets negatively. So, you must take special care of your kids and pets if you are moving during summer. You can have your kids with a relative or friend for the day. You can put your animals in a pet daycare on hot moving day.
This article has been provided by the team of Moving Solutions, which is the ultimate relocation service booking portal in India. Through this portal, one can hire the credible & competent Packers and Movers in Gurgaon, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, and other cities of India. Whether you want to hire services of professional Packers and Movers in Bangalore or Packers and Movers in Pune, you will find this portal safe and convenient.
Sunita is a full time seo analyst and part time writer. She has a keen knowledge of seo industry, which can be clearly seen in her articles.