Commercial or industrial goods shifting are the toughest tasks that one needs to undergo in his life. It can be daunting and stressful, to say the least. It involves the entire staff and requires a lot of planning to ensure the process goes smoothly. If you have never been involved in a commercial relocation before, you may not know what to expect or how to prepare. When a person is relocating his household goods he has the responsibility of the things that he possesses and which are his whole and sole property, but the situation is not the same in industrial goods shifting or commercial relocation.
When you are moving with the commercial goods the situation is just reverse, the goods that you are carrying are the source of income of the people associated with your office. So in order to tackle the responsibility in the best manner one needs to devote much time for it. Commercial relocation is a tough task hence approaching professionally competent moving company for the same is required. You can handle household shifting at your own risk but in case of commercial shifting you need the assistance of experts because the task is really very tough. If commercial shifting is your next move then we are here mentioning the best ways for you to undergo the complications of the move and come out in bright colors of this biggest hassle.
Preparation for Commercial Move
- Planning and preparing the move in advance is something that you need to do at the top priority. Actually this is the only way out for you to get the positive outcome for this big move of yours. Ask each employee to clean out their own offices and form a team to do the storage areas.
- If you hire a professional mover, look for one that will assign you a moving consultant to help you create a move plan and provide assistance throughout the entire process. However having a project manager from your own side, will also work in the need of proper management of your move.
- Ask the head of each department to inventory all items to be moved in their department. Have them make a separate list of any items that have special needs, such as servers or sensitive technology, and make arrangements with the movers for their transport. This is a great way out to spot things easily at the next destination without unwanted losses.
- It would be better if you ask each employee to pack their own offices and to label the boxes with their names. In this way you can save money on packing and only the relevant things will be packed to the next destination.
- Finalize the floor plan of the new commercial space before moving day and provide this to your movers. They will most likely use labels or color coded stickers coordinate the boxes and furniture with their spots in the new office. Remember commercial move is a big thing hence informing everyone attached to it is necessary.
- Make a list of any modular furniture that will need to be disassembled and provide this to your movers. Some professional movers will have a modular furniture specialist as well. So, ask this to your mover in advance.
- Your business has many associates too; hence don’t forget to inform everyone about the move. Be sure to update your address with vendors and clients. This should be done at least a month prior to the move.
- Checking about the utility supply at both the locations is necessary. Make sure that electricity, water, and phones, internet will be turned on and ready by the time you arrive at your new location. Make the full arrangements from your side so that your employees will come to routine at no time.
- Make sure that any data cabling is installed and tested before moving day. If you are packing your IT equipment, pack it last, so it can be unpacked first. This will allow your IT team to immediately get to work setting up the network, phones, etc.
Moving day is going to be the toughest moment of your commercial shifting. You need to be attentive throughout. You have to create supervisory team with proper management of communication so that things will be arranged in a good manner there.
Conduct a short meeting to go over the move plan one last time and handle any last minute issues. Another thing that you need to make sure is that everyone has a copy of the color coded or labeled floor plan. And last but not the least don’t forget to do a final walk-through once everything is packed and out of the office.
Remember, any transition can be stressful, so plan ahead and work together. The above tips are really going to help you in industrial goods relocation. You should approach reliable and professional packers and movers for your commercial goods shifting to insure that you can get back to your business at no time, or at the shortest time.